Who else is really excited for the new Northstar?

Hopefully the new ones have a tougher hub.

Okay, thatā€¦thatā€™s the coolest plastic Iā€™ve ever seen.

So, anyone know whats the difference between the old one and the new one?

A blasted surface and lights/GITD

Northstar never had his name on it until he won worlds. AKA the Orange and White ones from way back. The green and blue ones had his name. YYF just couldā€™nt think to take his name off and keep selling them, and it was theoretically done to try and put all the controversy at ease for a while. And then they SHaqler starred and I cried.

What do you mean ā€œuntilā€ he won worlds? The Northstar was released October 2010, two months after Jensen won worldsā€¦

Exactly. Im pretty sure he won worlds with a protostar

Thatā€™s a Northstar. No Protostars were solid.

And Also, RELEASED after he won worlds doesnā€™t mean they werenā€™t already made.

Also, I was at the Toy fair. It was a BLAST!! But They didnā€™t have the New Northstar there :confused:

Dat preformance doe

few can match Jensens performance. And I was wrong it was with a northstar.

The only reason im not super excited is because of what happened between Jensen and Tyler Severance and all that stuff that went down, the Northstar was his yoyofactory signature YoYo. More of a problem with the circumstances than the YoYo. (Northstar is definitely a great yoyo though)

Really mad I traded my Orange Northstar away. Cant wait for the new one and I really hope they make the orange colorway lol people eat that up cuz thats the color Jensen used. Northstars are the best, better than the Shaqlerstar by far. Idk what it was about the opaque plastic but it just made it play better. Anyone else feel this way?

Yoyofactory said there are more colors to come besides glow so you might be in luck

For people new to yoyo. (Like me) What exactly happened?

lol what, who cares about that stuff, enjoy the yoyo.

2 Likes

About profile, spec and those other stuff?

Its best to let things that happened in the past stay in the past and just let it be. Plus, if this thread goes off topic the moderators might delete it. Lets just focus on the Northstar yoyo.

Based on what I have seen, (only through pictures) the specs seem to be the same as the original northstar. I asked yyf for a profile shot and havenā€™t heard anything back. so either its the same, or they are keeping it a secret for a surprise.

1 Like

Does anyone have any news on the expected release date?

i thought it was press only, is it?