Who else is really excited for the new Northstar?

If they rounded out the edges, it would be a lot more forgiving!

Im very excited for it. I dont understand why everyone complains about the spacersā€¦
anyway, I have a feeling that yoyofactory will by implementing the bearing seat from the plastic SEVERE. but then again I have no idea. I am only theorizing. It would be cool to have. and maybe some heavier rims out of 7075. That would be cool

And a 50 dollar version withā€¦ TITANIUM!

Itā€™d be WAY more than 50 with Ti rings. WAY more.

1 Like

But it would be so cool!!! I think with heavier rings, a wider profile and the little half mid wall from the severe and supernova would make the northstar the greatest plastic ever.

I might sound pretty stupid right now, but whatā€™s so different about the old one? Because if they added 1 new thing to it (rounded edges!!! OMG!) then itā€™s a waste of timeā€¦

People want the old one because

1. Jensen is on it
  2. Jensen is on it
  3. Jensen is on it

I didnā€™t like the look of the Shaqlerstar. Iā€™m curious to see how this looks.

2 Likes

Not a huge fan of the graphics on the Shaqlerstar but I did love the colour of the plastic. Bought one to replace my Northstar which just randomly cracked while sitting in my case. Interested to see what the new Northstar will look like but not exactly wetting myself with excitement.

Yuki

SO so so so so true!!!

The northstar was made in back in 2010 and its now 2014, I have a very high belief that YYF will implement new designs and yoyo knowledge into the new northstars to make them great.

Itā€™ll probably be grind friendly and have acid wash weight rings. (Kinda like the new protostar)

Probably a new finishā€¦ But I can almost guarantee a new design. Ill be surprised if there isnt.

Exactly what I was thinking.

http://photo1.ask.fm/109/123/127/710003011-1r96fdg-41kr0qq3no0cpcf/original/file.jpg

Iā€™ll just leave this hereā€¦

Yeah, I saw that on the Instagram. Beautiful

I want one :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: I was so sad to see the Northstar discontinued before I could try it.

You still can. Technically YYF never discontinued the Northstar. Originally, they were released with Jensenā€™s name on it. After Jensen left YYF, they still released the Northstar just without Jensenā€™s name. You can see some colors have his name some dont.
After they stopped those, they released the Northstar again as the Shaqlerstar. So at any point in time you could get one
Because the Shaqlerstar was a limited quantity release they are releasing more northstars

Enough saidā€¦ Everyone wants one now

Man I feel so lucky to have won a hubstack afterglow after seeing those pictures of them. Mmmm Iā€™m excited!

These are supposedly going to be released in February. According to a picture I saw on Instagram.