Who do you guys think will win worlds?

I could see Jensen taking it, his tricks are good enough its really a matter of whether he wants it

No, his tricks aren’t good enough. His '09/'10 tricks were, but not these. I’m pulling for Harold Owens III or Peter Pong Si Yee.

1 Like

Who I think will win (1A), and who I hope will win, are two different things. I have no thoughts about who will win, because there are elements of luck involved in performance, so it could be any of the guys who have done well on the big stage in the past.

But, I’d like to see Harold Owens win, because he continues to progress at such a high rate of speed. It would be great for people to have counted him out, and see him take the win. I think he should be talked about a lot more. If not, I would love to see Gentry Stein, Christopher Chia or Anthony Rojas get a first place win.

1 Like

What, no love for Eric TranTon? The way he’s been doing lately, it wouldn’t surprise me if he destroyed everyone in the 3a competition.

I could totally imagine Jensen reading this and be like “Hmmm my tricks aren’t good enough? challenge accepted.”

1 Like

Rojas is freaking awesome. He would score big from me if I was a judge.

I’m indirectly motivating him lol

World’s prelims are REALLY intense… But maybe, if he runs a flawless prelim.

Yes I agree. That’s how I feel about Charles Haycock as well, but he has been stepping up his game, to the point where he is almost as good as Jensen.

I’d like to see Jensen take it once more as well. If not Worlds, at least one of the other major comps. He may not be able to take worlds “with a snap of his fingers”—There are just so many awesome throwers out there, it’s sort of naive to think that. However, if Jensen set a goal in his mind to take Worlds, he could definitely give everyone a run for their money, to put it lightly. So I definitely see where you are coming from, but there are a lot of factors involved in winning worlds. For example, I don’t think the judging system at worlds favors Jensen’s new slow paced, flowy style. With that being said, I’d LOVE to see Jensen show up and wreak havoc at Worlds, just to hush-up the naysayers that don’t think he could do it again. I saw a comment on youtube the other day on one of Jensen’s newer videos that read something along the lines of “What happened? He used to be good.”

…It would be nice to see those types put in their place, but it’s not as if Jensen really has anything to prove. I’d much rather see him get last place with a smile on his face, then relapse into some of the issues he’s had in the past. :slight_smile:

And yes, I am a fanboy. 8)

1 Like

Bring it home… Anthony Rojas.

http://60daymba.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/american-flag.jpg

;D

Yeah. Unfortunately, I was more a fan of his earlier style, I liked the horizontal and hopping/fast tech. Although it may have something to do with his recent freestyle song choices (I couldn’t watch the best freestyle ever if I didn’t like the song), but it doesn’t really matter because I want other people to win (Harold Owens III, Peter Pong, Shinji Saito, Tatsuya Fujisaka, and Anthony Rojas). I also want Andrew Maider or Isaac Sams to at make finals or better.

No offense Gentry fan boys, but I really doubt he’ll take the title. Just opinion not a fact and I have nothing to prove he won’t win, I just have a feeling.

I hope Grant takes it, he made a really big comeback and I would be really upset to see him not even make Finals. I’m also hoping Eric Køløski takes it, I believe his recent win at MWR proves that he’s worthy of the title. Tessa really deserves the 2013 best female player award, I believe she has surpassed Ann Connolly by a mile IMO. I wouldn’t be surprise to see Kieran make finals. Hiroyuki could surprise us (he got robbed at JP). I wanna see Andrew Maider make finals.

As for the other divisions.

2A: tie between last years winner and Joseph Harris (c’mon admit it, he’s been dominating recently).

3A: Eric Tranton or Alex Hattori.

4A: Bryan or Rei are gonna take it, no doubt about that.

5A: we all know Takeshi is gonna take it.

I didn’t say who I HOPED would win.

Honestly, I would love to see Zach
Gormley take the 1a title. I don’t really think he will, but I’ve been watching his 2012 Worlds performance, and I just love everything about it. The music, the energy, the way he seems like he’s having a genuinely good time.

I love watching Zach perform, and I’d love to see him win.

I’d like to see a former U.S. star win, like
Yuuki in 1a
Shane Karan in 2a/4a

It would definitely be cool.

I agree, and not just because he’s the father of my child.

1 Like

lolwut

Yeah, I agree, he’s such a great dad!

It’s true he’s good, but he doesn’t have enough Self Glorification to do it.