Who are YOU?

Heyheyhey!

I’m Jonas, from Norway. I’ve been on this site longer than most, but my level of activity has dropped a lot with the years. You can find an old picture of me in the forum eXpert section of YYE.

I’m as good as 20 years old. I’m a full-time musicology student, focusing on studying modern music and composition of music for multimedia. I play bass in a band and I’m singing 2nd bass in a men’s chorus (we hit the front page of reddit once!), I’m also hoping to get a job as conductor for a chorus this fall. Basically I’m a huge choir-geek in addition to all my other already geeky past-times. Other than that I play Dota 2 somewhat actively and I enjoy other video games.

I’ve stated in a different thread how I don’t care much for pictures, so you’ll have to deal with a written description. I’m average height, blonde and wearing glasses. My clothes consist of socks with funky patterns and colors, jeans, a t-shirt with a nerdy print and a zip-hoodie to keep my arms warm while still showing the print on the shirt. I also frequently wear a Donkey Kong hoodie.

Heyyooo! found a picture!

Elliot Jackson lives in NYC. Not sure if you know of him but he’s a CLYW sponsored thrower whom has one of the most amazing, flowy styles ever.

DOES HE REALLY. I JUST. WOW. I DIDN’T KNOW THAT

well i hope he lives close haha now i have to find out

So im Adam…

Ive been throwing a few years. My life has been pretty average, with one exception being when my brother passed away, as many of you are already aware of. I spent tons of time with him and we were close so it really sucks. Sorta understating but I’m bad with words.

Besides throwing I enjoy parkour. Taken some nasty falls, broke some bones, almost lost some teeth. I am also pretty smart. Ive really never had to struggle in school, but I get some pressure from parents to excel. Im 3 years ahead of grade level in math, which is sorta cool but it means I have to go to the high school to take some classes. My parents also signed me up for SAT prep which also sucks.

I like to joke that I am the stereotypical asian (Nerdy, ninja, skiltoys, etc)

I forgot to add that I’m just so cool and totally awesome.

1 Like

hi i’m Abby (as if you diddn’t already know that) I like yoyos, minecraft, being outside and being with my puppy Paolo along with a bunch of other stuff i cant name. i have been yoyoing since i think early 2012 in the year. My favorite type of food is thai (i love how spicy it is) i like spicy food most of the time. I Cook a lot of food in my family when my mom and dad are busy (my mom considers me a back up plan when my dad or mom don’t want to cook) I have 2 siblings and I’m the oldest of the family and the youngest is in the 5th grade. I am a freshman in high school. I play in our high school band as a clarinetist. (just so you know our high school band is internationally known) I have my own homemade jewelry company that I run so i can make money for stuff. I have a family puppy in our home hes 1 year old. Now enough of that stuff hers some other probably more interesting stuff. If you ever find me somewhere else such as school i am most likely very quiet and wont talk a lot. This is also due to not having many friends from k-8 cause everyone was mean and very selective :-\ (those little beset friends group already started when i was in kindergarten) everyone was mean to me. (try playing with yourself at recces not fun at all) So i practically had no friends the most friends i have had were 5. i know I’m probably not that person you were thinking of that has a million friends and is considered “cool” but probably that is probably the same for you guys too. However i am very loud and friendly which most people don’t know cause they already closed that “friend door” So i have mostly been flying solo my whole entire life which is also why i got in to yoyoing because i didn’t have any rules my mom wants us to be as creative a possible or unique which makes stuff reason for some of my actions i take. Now fast forward a few years i am now in high school which gives a lot of opportunity for new interests and stuff (maybe a yo-yo club sometime my high school year) so yeah all you need to know about me. nuff said i think,

My name’s Joe. I am 15 years old. Outside of yoyoing, I play tennis, do martial arts (taekwondo, dabbled in karate briefly) and like video games, all the while procrastinating about school. So I’m a pretty normal kid. My older, however, has autism. Because of this, I volunteer at a religious service for people with disabilities. I really enjoy spicy chicken wings.

I thought that id bump this.

It’s always a great read if you are feeling a little lost.

I solve Rubik’s cubes and throw metal objects on strings

Omg i do that second one too! What a coincidence!

Waaaat small world

Oh my gosh guys! You’re not gonna believe this… But me too!

Like the ones above I am a yoyoer too and my name is Batuhan, I’m 17 and I am from Turkey. This combination means that I am hardly able to get a new throw even with b/s/t. So I am trying to get better with what I have. Also I want to thank to HaruRay for starting this post and letting everyone know that there are a lot young yoyoers.

About me I did taekwondo for 7 years (started at when I was 10) and I have a 2 Grade Black belt (Hopefully it will be 3 grade in this summer). Also I play electric guitar, watch anime, play videogames (I played LOL and got into DOTA 2 because I wanted to. And I played a lot of videogames.) and solve a lot of test because of my country’s messed up education system. Also I skate and I listen to metal music and I am trying to grow my hair. It grows nicely but my hair is gets messed up easily and stays puffy-like state. you can see my photo from this summer at here (Now my hairs lenght is doubles this photo):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200432029377894&set=pb.1071090986.-2207520000.1385492130.&type=3&theater

For yoyoing, I started at when I was at 7 grade at the elementary school (Now I am 4 grade in high school a.k.a. last year of high school). I played for some time and quit because I ran out of strings. And at the summer of 2 grade of high school, I started again, got my PGM in March for 17 birthday gift. Got a lot better than that time and I keep getting better, but I know there are better players than me and I am cool with it. I am saying this because my non-yoyoer friends at school says to me I am good and I should go to the nation-wide talent show which I don’t want to go. But I say this: “Maybe when I get better I’ll go to that show. But before that I will go to Nationals.” to them.

Thanks to everyone who did or did not read my story because you gave a part of your time for reading my story.

If only there was a place where we could talk about this with other people who share this hobby…

Hi! My name is Jaspal Singh. I go by Jesse. I am 13 years old. I live in northern VA and attend 2 yoyo clubs, CYYC and RVA. I started throwing in September of 2012, and haven’t stopped since. I’m a only child living with a single mom…that’s how I started throwing, I was bored haha. I am in 8th grade currently, and am taking almost all advanced classes- 10th grade math, 9th grade spanish, 9th grade spanish, Advanced science. I usually get all A’s.
I am Sikh, and proud to be one! I don’t see many YoYoers around with the same background as me, except for Keiran Cooper, who’s half Indian. It makes me feel unique haha.
I love trying different food, but love oriental food. Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, I love it all. My favorite would be sushi with bubble tea. I also love Indian food, especially when my grandma makes it.
I play percussion in my school band, and play dhol (double sided Indian drum) and tabla (Indian hand drums) at home.
Other hobbies include- diabolo, kendama and astrojax.
I was born in Ohio, moved to North Carolina, moved to Minnesota, back to North Carolina, then to Virginia. I hope to move back to NC soon because I’d like to go to UNC.
Hope you guys enjoyed!

heaven maybe

These ideas are to revolutionary for mere mortals to conceive…
We must never speak of them, or we shall be the end of all…

And on a more serious note: cool stories guys! I read through each, and it’s interesting to get to know ya a bit more :slight_smile:

My real name is Evan but most people call, “hey get. out of the way”, and I’m 14. I live in Danville, VA an started thtowing in I think November of last year through my old school. I’m homeschooled and my favorite subject is History. My other hobbies are airsoft and collecting Lego sets. Airsoft is so fun once you get into it. I don’t have a job yet because of lack of transportation. I have moved about 9 times and in 4 States. Last of all my two favorite proffesional yoyoers are Zach Gormley and Augie Fash.