Who are YOU?

Hmmmm… To write, or not to write… That is the question…

Basically my name is Russ I am a mess…

I started life as a normal person, but have become something of a monster (not all monsters are bad, right?). I went to job corps in Utah (if you want to know why I went to job corps I have no issues sharing just do it via PM as it is a long drawn out story and semi-complex.) during my 2 years there I graduated high school took typing and also printing (yes like old school printing press stuff) I also got to know and became friends with people from around the world some of my favorite groups of people were my giant friends from Sudan ( the Neur tribe and two others that I don’t remember the tribe names), a good friend that taught me to be fluent in Spanish (I’ve since forgotten more then I remember.), I had a few awesome friends from Laos, china, and Mongolia, and a bunch of amazing islanders (my favorites were the guys and girls from the marshal islands and soma.), also had some good friends from morroco and Egypt. That was a really great time of my life (& I miss it dearly, but I’ll get Into current events and the sad part of my life in a moment.) so I’m saying job corps was awesome! I also really met Jesus in the heart of Mormon country very interesting to say the least.

I spent two years additionally in Utah where I met one of my life long best friends and made more awesome memories.

Fr Utah I went to another trade school (Wyotech Laramie Wyoming) my studies were focused solely around diesel (basically all things pertaining to Diesel engines, chassis, suspension, drive train, electrical, ect.) I graduated and took a job in northern Colorado as a coal miner (I was a 3rd shift diesel mechanic at a coal mine in Hayden Colorado) my stay at the mine was really cool. I was working on huge massive machinery (one piece was a d-12 dozer made by Cat 1000 horsepower to the tracks weight in at 166 ton and the engine bigger then a full sized pickup truck.), massive water trucks, scrapers and smaller dozers among other cool toys :). Frequently got to visit with deer, elk, moose, & bears.

After that job came to an end (the coal seam got to expensive to reclaim we were getting $10 per ton and it was averaging $15-$20 to get it to the power plant for that $10 per.) so the job went to a small skeleton crew to reclaim the mine site and return it to its prior state before mining began. This left me seeking for work.

I finally found a job but it presented a few problems 1. It was 3000 miles away 2. We had to move in with my mother in law, well those problems were large enough in the deterrent as I took the job and my small and growing family packed up and headed east. I worked for a small over the road truck repair company blah blah blah, then I got hurt horribly bad that led to two back surgeries and currently awaiting to have both hips operated on… Here I am 8 years after getting hurt and I am just a shell of the man that I once was but I find comfort and joy in yoyoing and watching tv, movies, photography, being outdoors, and things that I can do in small doses not to cause to much irritation and pain.

Well there it is my small condensed story if you want to know anything more about me feel free to ask!

[quote=“Snafu,post:23,topic:58607”]
You forgot the part that you’re awesome

I’m 14 as of this month. I love music wether is is playing it or listening to it. I mostly listen to prog rock and classical. I have been homeschooled since 5th grade. Playing violin since 3rd and cello since 7th ish. I enjoy riding bikes and surfing and I want to get more serious with both as well as yoyoing. I also enjoy a good book and writing. I play a lot of video games and watch my fair share of television. I’m am a bit OCD, I mean CDO, but its not to bad. I have one older bro and a ma and pa. Thats about it.

No sir I’m just a guy that is slacking in a review and an order from you :). I love your holster btw! But thank you for the cheer up.

no problem. And glad I could cheer you up. And you certainly are awesome, late on a review or not :slight_smile:
It certainly has been a pleasure to see your posts around town, and to get to meet you from your order

1 Like

Alllllllright

Hi everybody, since not many people know me here on the forums, I thought I’d post in this thread. My name’s Bo. I’m 15, I have one older brother, and I’m originally from Detroit, but now live in Indianapolis. Like almost every person who’s from Michigan, I love hockey. I actually learned to skate before I could walk, and just never stopped skating. As of right now, I’m a goaltender for my high school’s 4A (varsity) hockey team. Hockey has always been a huge part of my life, and I hope to continue playing it for as long as I can.

From the start of my life, up until now, my mom has had clinical depression. For the first 10 years (or so) of my life, it was like she didn’t realize that I was her child. When she wasn’t sleeping (which made up about 3/4 of her day), she was screaming at me and my brother. After I turned 11, she realized that the various medications that she was on made her this way, and stopped taking them. Now, she’s getting closer to what can be called “normal” (she still has off days, but she’s been doing a lot better).

When I was 8, I was diagnosed with anxiety OCD. It’s kind of like normal OCD (hehe, “normal”), but worse. If something isn’t the way I liked it, I flipped. Out. One of the things that freaked me out the most was germs. It got to the point where I was washing my hands every ten minutes. So naturally, my parents put me on drugs. They (kind of) fixed my anxiety OCD, but made me really depressed (ironically, the opposite of what they were labeled to do). My elementary school’s counselor actually called my parents into her office because my teacher caught on to my depression (by the way I was 9 when this happened). So yeah. Don’t take anti-depressants, kids. They suck.

I’m also a Celiac, which means that my body cannot process gluten (this is different from being allergic to gluten; I can still interact with it, but I can’t eat it). So, in case you were wondering, I don’t know what real cookies taste like.

I could go into a lot more detail about the bad parts of my life, but they’re pretty boring.

I love music. I’ll listen to just about anything, except country. It’s not really the style of it that I don’t like, it’s the subject matter.

I’ve always had a really compassionate group of friends, and they’ve helped me through a lot of nasty stuff (mostly the girls. Not gonna lie, they’re easier to talk to).

I guess you could say that I’m kind of a funny person (mostly situational stuff). It’s also really vulgar, so I try to censor myself as much as possible while on a family-oriented forum like this one (that’s why I come across as so serious here on YYE).

So there’s a good portion of my life so far. I’m sure there’s some really important bits that I’m forgetting right now, but that’s too bad. If anybody feels like PM’ing me, feel free to do so. That’s all, folks! looney tunes music

do you still live in ny?!?!

Hey guys im Dylan i live in ny ever since i was little i was very persistent with stuff i wanted to learn but only things i wanted to learn which creates problems further down the road but i have always been super musical i play 5 insturments almost perfectly without even really trying ( but i cant read music i play by ear which is good and bad )and im still like that i am in multiple select groups for music but its not something that kept me amused for long periods of time as well as sports which i have never been good at besides hockey ( i skated before i could walk )

i have a very short attention span and i have a.d.d but in the slightest bit and anxiety attacks caused by many things like stress and being freaked out especially when im having a asthma attack which kinda messes with school , but in the Beginning 7th grade which 1 1/4 years ago my friend in science ( my favorite subject) brought a yoyo to school and i had a yoyo from 3rd grade from when ned came around it was a duncan avenger and i was like hey im gonna start that again so i started yoyoing and i learned tricks super fast thanks to my persistence and i bought a yyf genesis for my last b-day i kept yoyoing and now im super good (dont mean to brag haha ) but the problem is i live in ny like no one yoyos here but my house is for sale and we want to move to az which im super excited about
i have always been made fun of cuz im a bit chubby and kids in ny think that yoyoing is gay and so is music so i have never really fit in and always am being made fun of , i have always loved everything the opposite of whats “mainstream” so i consider my self a hipster but i dress like a skater i love any type of jazz classical rock or metal especially punk and progressive metal but i listen to all music i also love owl city and relient k they are some of my favorites i have always been a very lax kid but a bit hyper at sometimes and i have a bit of a addictive personality but i know right from wrong but with that comes some cool stuff like me always yoyoing haha
i belong to the avatar fandom (the cartoon )which i love for no reason , i have always been handy and electronically inclined so i love to build things tinker , i have always been pretty smart and very literal and pretty smart in everything except math, i love videography and photography as well , i love to cook so much and i love all asian things

my background is croatian italian german and irish i speak croatian and german fluently , im also a bit of a femboy too but not too much you wouldnt know if you met me i also for some weird reason am extremely tolerant to pain which is good and bad ( it almost got me killed ) and i have been through so much for my age i went through a horrific time when one of my baby bros got seriously hurt and i got really depressed ( pm me if your curious about the story ) i love to make people laugh and have always been pretty funny i think at least haha , and im kinda chatty , so thanks for reading this guys!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/udasu8as.jpg this is me

Sorry about my multiple posts

Wow, that was a hard read. I found it worse than Shakespeare.

Yes I do. Long Island!

same! I live in smithtown i go to hauppauge

Lindenhurst :slight_smile:

oh im over there all the time i have family over there

Danggg sweet!

sorry bout that i wrote it at 2 in the morning here i broke it up a bit

thats pretty cool i thought me and brian melford were the only yoyoers in the area but he lives in the bronx maybe one day we could meet up and throw

Indeed!

alright that sounds awesome