Which Yoyo Is Your “Holy Grail”?

ngl this was one that i got SO excited to see, and then SO bummed i missed it by years. sometimes being the new kid sucks lol

1 Like

The Pistolero is beautiful… too beautiful… I’d be scared even to throw it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it catches constantly. It’s a very cool yoyo though

1 Like

Shoot, now I want one. :sweat_smile:

Snow Weasel

4 Likes

I’ve never even seen a picture of one… good luck.

Found my grail

16 Likes

Congratulations!

Did you mod it yourself?

Edit: just checked the butterfly thread. Never mind. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d say one of my more minor “Holy Grails” would be a “Freehand Zero”, painted by @Mr_Yodel and modded by @Luke_Vader or @jrodriguez

But that’s somewhat obtainable, so I’m not seeking it too hard.

Mowl’s Ti Heterogeneity or the Strelizia Apus by C3! I wouldn’t mind an Atomic Crash either.

2 Likes

D bearing Tiramisu!

Luftverk Akura MG

Gotta have em. If anyone’s selling lemme kno :eyes:

2 Likes

Biggest grail I’m actively searching for right now is the OhYesYo Nightingale 2. It’s the only main line OhYesYo I need to close out my collection.

Unholy grail ,unholy quail or unholy magnum opus have to be my OYY collab grail throws. I’m an OhYesYo nerd and those three are not only super rare but big money as well.

I feel super lucky to have already snagged some other heaters for the OYY collection though.

1 Like

Original DerTi. 4 made, 2 unaccounted for. Was previously this and the Fatlip, the latter of which I am incredibly grateful to own

3 Likes

Would yo mind taking some “modern” photos of your Fatlip? The internet needs it.

4 Likes

My idea of a grail has shifted a ton over time.

Back in 2008ish my original grail was a Crowd Fusion and other super rare Playmaxx stuff I had no chance of owning as a kid during the boom. Got it all 10+ years ago.

As far as modern-ish stuff, I owned almost all my grails over time and sold them once I stopped caring about collecting stuff. Certain Peaks/other CLYW stuff, rare 888s and more.

These days I’m into plain jane stuff that I can easily replace for <$50 if I leave it somewhere, break it, etc. Went to a big get together dinner tonight and found out a friend of a friend I’d recently met is a collector of all kinds of stuff. Saw he had a couple of yoyos and he said he played a bit. Gonna give him a FH One+Genesis next time I see him and I know he’ll be super stoked; being able to share stuff like that with others is more of a grail to me than owning the newest Ti or boutique fancy ano throw.

3 Likes

The problem I can see that you are going to have with that band name is trying to figure out how to get that triangle to dissolve on stage….:cricket::cricket::cricket:

2 Likes

He’s gonna be stoked! I miss my FH1, my brother (whom is 3 years old) threw it at the ground… I’m trying to fix it but I think it’s been a bit stripped by my sisters unscrewing it; the Genesis is awesome too! Mine needs a new bearing, but super fun!

I’m also a collector of CLYW! Right now I’m just searching for their models I can afford, I’m thinking of getting a Ditch, and I’d love to own a Bassalope. (#SebastianBrockFTW) however, the Bassy is a bit too expensive for a High Schooler trying to get an education. :sweat_smile:
I do however, own a Bassacuda. It might be my best yoyo!

(Mount I invented, I call it the “Warped Ladder”)

I haven’t had the pleasure of using an 888, but I’d love to get one… I feel like it would be perfect for my play style; a Higby 888 would be awesome, but the old wallet is currently vacant, :joy: so I may try to get one for Christmas this year… that, or a Ditch.

Thanks for posting!

Edit: I forgot about the Wooly Marmot! That’s not so much of a Grail, but my brother had one, and it was perfect for my style. I miss that thing, man.

2 Likes

This is also mine, the whole “Evangelion serie” made by C3 and other brands ages ago, this is so cool, not sure how it play the yoyos themselves but this is collection material in my opinion. Recently it came out also the Ikimono yoyo in collab with Unknw that did a Evangelion reference, also the GTR-JS has an Evangelion them with the spears

4 Likes

As an anime nerd the Evangelion series really tickles my brain. Happy hunting!

2 Likes

I never could get into anime… too “round” if you know what I mean…

1 Like