Which Yoyo Is Your “Holy Grail”?

I’d say, the yoyo i long for the most, deep down. Is a yoyojam Mini Motu or a buzzon element X remix.

Maybe one day. 1000% a want, not a need. But i guess that’s all yoyos.

2 Likes

I just enjoy naming things. My wife and I have an ongoing 30-year dialog whenever we hear some bizarre combination of words with a certain “je ne sais quois” and we’re compelled to say to the other “That’s your new band”.
“Rage Of Aquarius”
“Chronic Meat-Sweats”
“Wompus”
“Voluminous Scrote”
There are hundreds, and some just lend themselves to yo-yo tricks. Sadly, we are no longer in an era where naming a trick is typical. It’s just “that thing I saw at VA States with the weird cross-1.5 rejection to dissolving triangle”… (which should be my new band).

8 Likes

I have an og splash rebirth it’s pretty cool

2 Likes

My brothers and I have been doing that for several years… though I can never remember the names we think of. :sweat_smile:

@edhaponik do you still have your old black Freehand MG? I’ve been trying to collect information on how they play.

Yep still got it. It’s great. I can take pics or vid when I get home from work if you want.

3 Likes

If you get the time, that would be awesome! Thanks Ed!

I didn’t think I had a grail but then I remebered this yoyo.

A little over 6 years ago g2 dropped these right before my birthday. I tried to explain to my parents that this is what I really wanted and how fast g2 yoyos sold out but they definitely did not get the memo. Womp womp life moves on and I forgot all about it.

However I saw a swirl version and I think I may try and track one down. I certainly don’t have the funds right now maybe someday. I used to love purple and now I don’t even really care for it but this yoyo reminds me of what kind of kid I was which I think is pretty cool.

12 Likes

@yoyodoc given the size of your yo-yo collection, I’m going to assume you have a “Freehand 1 AL”, how does it play compared to the “Freehand MG”? (Once again, assuming you have one)

My black Mg w the 1st run caps. Had it forever. I seem to remember it was a pre-pro but not sure. It’s dual-recessed. Have also had this red FHZ w the same caps which was recessed by Takeshi near 20 years ago. Prob my best playing Zero ever. I love the real Mg though. Always feels cold and the recessed response is just so good.

17 Likes

Awesome! You must be some kind of wizard Ed. Don’t lie to me…

I want one even more now. :rofl:

Wait no, it wants ME more now… yeah…

Thanks for your time!

4 Likes

I also saw in your old video “tricks I filmed to remember” that your MG had 2nd run caps. Do you still have those?

I wonder if they would fit an fh1 Al…

Nah I stuck those on a black FHZ (which may have been the yo-yo in that vid actually).
I’ve had Og caps on this black one for just as long. Don’t remember when I sold the red Mg I got from Steve.

4 Likes

Huh…

You’ve done a lot of stuff

I’m old and fortunate.
Ok more grails now, people! :black_heart:

4 Likes

My grail is the Markmont Classic with the soda blast finish. I only have one(red) and it was my first pricier throw I ever bought after getting into 1A ten years ago. I do enjoy the MCMO as well, but the MMC is just plain amazing to me.

5 Likes

Nice yoyo and pictures. I will save a couple into my wallpapers folder.

To the topic - maybe one day i will get myself another Galactic Goose…

11 Likes

11 Likes

I have been Lusting after this one since yhe dropped over a decade ago.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting piece. …I’ve never seen that shape before— does the string ever catch on that little dip in the edge? Otherwise looks great! (Love me a spike!)

1 Like