OK I am thinking of getting a Project 2, Cut, or any other all-metal yoyos around that price range. does any body have any suggestions? it has to be all METAL and able to thumb grind.
A yoyofactory superstar. It has a great shape, very forgiving. If it comes back realy hard, it wont hurt as much. These also have great colors, a nice finish, and to top it off: the best matador play that you can find:HUBSTACKS! A very good bearing(spec bearing) that comes unresponvive out of the box. I would not clean this bearing, apparently it could mess it up badly. Yes, the superstar can thumb grind, and unless you have fat fingers, the hubstacks dont interfere with thumb grinds. Probably one of the best features is the insane rim weighting, it makes this yoyo sleep FOREVER! Great yoyo, reliable company, SUPERSTAR.
i have never had hubstacks before are they really worth it?
The yoyo? Yes, the yoyo is worth it. Hubstacks? Well, no. You shouldn’t get a yoyo for hubstacks only. Still, its a great addition.
True that. Dont buy yoyos for accesories.
Try to asnswer this first so we can have a better idea of what to look for:
- What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
- What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
- What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
- Do you like to mod/maintain it?
- Does color matter?
- How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
- What is your price range?
- What is your skill level?
(thank samad for the list)
And i agree, dont get a yoyo just for something like hubstacks or z-stacks.
i could not agree more! the superstar is da bomb! (personal preferance)
(the p2 is supposed to be verry good, and maybe you would like a dv888?)
There are too many yoyos for us to choose, that is why you have to answer these questions:
They will narrow down the choices and hopefully give you the perfect yoyo for you.
- it has to be undersized
- i dont care about shape but it would be nice if it wouldnt hurt your hand if ti snapped back to your hand
- i dont really care about response except i would like to try pad and Kentaro pad
- i like to maintain it but not that muck i usually like it how it is
- YES! no yellow, light blue, orange, but i like splashes and swirls(like the coffee M1)
- complicated string tricks fast flowing tricks 1A i do a little bit of 5A but im just learning it
- at the most 150
- expert and master tricks in the learn section
but it would nice to be able to try hubstacks
The CUT isn’t very undersized, so I think the Project 2 will be a great choice.
How about a DV888?
It fits all of your preferences and costs less than a P2.
If you want something like the coffee M1 your probably going to pay as much as the P2 is worth so I would recommend the P2 because its undersized, they are coming out with the pad response version soon, they have lots of colors to choose from (green,blue,yellow,orange,purple,black,red),you get to pick the color of each half, its very good in 1A from what I heard, and is only $90 which is cheap compared to most metals (i.e 888,superstar,skyline, all over $100). If you want to try the flow groove P2 you can buy them right now in he colors of red, orange, black, and yellow but if you get flow groove its siliconable (spelling?) but not capable of pads. Also onedrop sells replacement pads there too. If you want a pad capable P2 you have to wait probably at the most 3 weeks. Here’s the link:
yeah i got a flow groove P2 yesterday but i want to save up for another yo
I would then say save up for a yoyo such as an 888, skyline etc…I dont think you should save up for a new yoyo before you even got the P2, i mean its so good it should help you go thru every skill level. If you want a better yoyo i’ve got nothing. And how is your fav. yoyo the P2 if no one has got one yet except the winners of the contest? You cant have a fav. yoyo before trying it
Flow Grooves accept pads, it’s just a deeper recess.
For undersized go 888.
iv just got my first all metal yoyo, i got the YYF DNA and its amazing. another good yoyo for a good price is the Audley L3
the audley L3 what company is ti by?
Sorry but aldey is a nockoff.