need a metal yo fo my style

soooo i am hoping to get a new metal yoyo in the next month an then it hit me…their’s alot!!

people always say, depends on your style, so i’m going to say my style, and you guys give me your wisdome! ;D

like whiping, jade, over hand, you name it. like flowing tricks, white buddha and such.
i have a dm curently, so yea, not sure if that makes a difference. oh, one last thing, around if not under a hundred dollars, if its one twenty, it better last. let me know what you recomend!

Fill out these questions so we can find the PERFECT yo-yo for you-

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
  6. Does color matter?
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  8. What is your price range?
  9. What is your skill level?

I love the superstar and yes it does last it will take anything you throw at it and has hubstacks to boot also a boss which is well weight distributed and smooth on play both very different yoyos but will do wonders ;D

Size…no idea, i only own a dm, nothing bigger i suppose,
shape…dm has good shape, like rounded edges, what is H-shape??
response, i have heard good about all execpt pad response, i’m sick of hybrid. tight non slip bonds is what i want.
mod-ing is a no no
color…not pink or purple…green/blue/black is nice, nice finish that withstands getting beat up
yea, like i said, like whips, so i need a good gap, good floating yoyo
price range, again, under a hundo
skill level is masta baby. getting it BECAUSE i finished master level yoyoing!

no hubstacks, not going to use them
Long spin times is a great factor, to judge my throw, compare about a minute of dm spin time. I can only get my dm to spin like one minute and twenty seconds or so…not andre’s super 4 minute throw…

Sounds like you might wanna look at a Dv888, Project 2, or even the Boss. You might even think about the New Breed which is similar to your DM, just without the hybrid response (uses silicone). Check those out, compare them, see what you like. :slight_smile:

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Dv888 would be perfect for you

888 dv888 m1 superstar dna

im putting up a list of metal yoyos under general yoyo forum

Said he didn’t want hubstacks so thats why I didn’t suggest those

dv888 sounds good, but whats the differnce between that and the 888 superstar boss and the dna then???

large vs small bearing and hardcoat would be my next question about the dv888

The 888, Superstar, and the DNA all have Hubstacks and all cost $120.
^ ^ ^
Small/Round Big/H-Shape Big/Round

The Boss is small and round, like the 888, but the there’s more rim weight, and a nice flat hub instead of stacks. The DV888 is also undersized with flat rims, and no stacks.

If you like faster, smoother play, get a large bearing.

For more accurate play and tighter binds, get a small bearing.
Small bearings are better and more stable for 5a too.

As for a hardcoat, I’d only get it for 5a, to help prevent nasty dings.

Wow. There is a lot of stuff open to you. The Peak comes to mind quickly. It is a very similar size and shape to your DM, however, it is above your price range.

A YYJ Meteor might also be a good idea. It is kind of close to your DM in size and shape, but it is lighter. I really like it for slacks and whips because it is floaty and has a very wide gap.

I wouldn’t recommend an H-Shape yoyo (Superstar, G5, Genesis) or an undersized yoyo (Project 2, 888, DV888, Boss, M1) because you haven’t tried them yet, and from what I gather you don’t want to make a large investment on something you might not like.

Well, what if he ends up liking them more?
I’d try something undersized, if it feels too small, I’d sell/trade it, and get a larger sized yoyo.

As for the undersized one, I recomend a Dv888 or Hectic.

Well it seems like he really wants to get his money’s worth. I’d go to a contest or something to try out a new yoyo before I bought one I had no idea about.

i live in illinios, only tournament here is the midwest regionals, thats in the summer. i’m hoping to participate in it, because the competition is weak. anyway, i think the dv888 looks good, but what is an h pad? do i need to replace it?

Yes, you will need to buy more and replace it. I think it can also take silicone, not sure though… Also, I was thinking, maybe a bully? It’s like a DM, kinda.

It’s a K pad.
you’ll need you replace it every 1-2 months.
Flowable silicone is nice to have too.

Hardcoat is ugly in person and isn’t worth it over all

preference is the determining factor in bearings.

But I like small bearing dv888’s, snappy tight binds, I mean REALLY nice binds. and I’m probably wrong but the small bearing dv888s seem to have better spin times and are more stable

K pad is a nono i don’t have money to buy new pads all the time. i want something like o-ring or silicone, which lasts basicly forever.
the bully looks nice actually…how does it play? i got to look into more, i had never heard of it. :-\