Whats your worst yoyo fail?

I was maybe 11 or 12 at the time and had just gotten a new yo-yo for Christmas. I’m pretty sure it was my TK no jive Smothers Brothers edition. I went to visit some relatives and was showing off my new throw and mad skills to my cousin by trying to do as many around the worlds as possible. I was in the middle of the front lawn and aimed it down the street so my cousin wouldn’t get smacked. I threw a little too hard and when the cotton string snapped it was launched over a few cars hit the road and rolled under a parked car. It took a couple good chunks out of it but it still worked.

5 Likes

Good luck

1 Like

Dropping a yo-yo in the kitchen of a 270 years old house which is under monument protection and damage a tile from the 1890’s.

4 Likes

Not realizing the biggest contributor to my failure to be able to loop with any kind of consistency over the last 30 years is the simplest reason of all: string was always too long. found out I can loop inside and outside and from around the world (and sometimes into around the world) pretty good with a trusty duncan butterfly and the right length string. belly button to the ground is not short enough for my wingspan. duh! broke 50 consecutive loops several times in the last few days. totally stoked on it now.

5 Likes

I was so amped after my performance at Nats this year that I jumped off stage and shattered my heel upon landing. That was end of June I just started walking without a cane two weeks ago and it will be another six months before full recovery

16 Likes

Was looking for 28S kodiak for years. Finally got one and on the first throw I Eli hopped it into the ceiling fan. Was mint. Still is but was just a fail.

4 Likes

I had a bad bind and I didn’t realize it. Next throw I threw it hard and my Deviant whipped back and right onto the point of my elbow… HARD. Dropped me to the floor. My whole arm went numb for about 20 minutes.

3 Likes

I’ll trade you a blue/green (half swap) m1 for that micro mo…

1 Like

I had a glow in dark northstar for a whole week until i melted it by leaving it on a lightbulb

5 Likes

Also, to add my personal fails. I tossed a hayabusa too high and it landed 50/60 feet up in the rafters at my high school. Should still be up there.

At one point i had 9 gung fu’s and now i have 1. Sold/traded the 8 and regret 6 of them.

The worst of all… my beloved nickel plated Mark Mont… not the new ones, the OG One Drop Mark Mont from the Project era… it had my OG clear duncan dice CW on it too. I’m pretty sure i set it down somewhere and walked away… whatever happened to it, it’s gone. :frowning: even during my ten year break from yoyos, i never stopped thinking about that Mark Mont from time to time. Sad day. Sad, sad day.

I should pick up a new era mark mont…

6 Likes

Was throwing my Werrd Minute for a horizontal trick, it snagged halfway down the string and cut my eyebrow open. Only one stitch, but still…

4 Likes

Many many years ago I was walking around the parking lot of my apartment doing endless shoot the moons with Tom Kuhn Roller Woody. Did not notice that I was about to walk under a parking structure and as I did shoot the moon it hit the underside of the structure dinging the wood yoyo very bad but even worse sending the yoyo screaming into my eyebrow splitting it open quite badly. Those old school woodies will mess you up lol

4 Likes

Forgetting to hit record

1 Like

Why do they always hit me in the right eye?! More blood = worser fail. My worst fail still stands as pictured in the “worst injury” thread.

2 Likes

I am glad you are healing up. This was a great routine to watch. I was sorry to see the fall.

2 Likes

Okay, I shared a different story about losing my front teeth a few years ago on a similar forum thread. I decided to go for a dramatization this time.
Luke Renner shared a post on Instagram: "Ever hit yourself Yo-yoing? Nah.. never… #yoinpeace #yoyo #yoyoisback #skilltoy #2a4fun #yoyoing #thingsthatrepeat #trickcircle #responsiveyoyo #fixedaxleyoyo #yoyotricks #2ayoyo #yoyopictures #flowarts"....
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaK9Yq_FV1z/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

9 Likes

I was Eli Hopping/Horizontal Eli hopping with a full length Monkey Finger Vine to see how high/far I could do it lol and being a fairly new “thrower” at the time I didn’t quite get into the habit of “safety” throws after questionable binds and i went for a full
power throw that swung around Cut the lit cigarette i had clean in half and Broke my glasses frame , cracked one side completely off at the left lens area :joy: i had to wear super glued glasses for a year and a half and only TODAY got a new pair :smiling_face_with_tear::joy:

im on the way home from work right now but will try to remember to post a pic of the glasses :joy:

6 Likes

Would you believe I traded the MicroMo too? LOL

I actually gave it to a friend along with my old dv888 to embark on his own yoyo journey long ago. Those yo’s are states away now. THAT was not a fail! :smile:

4 Likes

That tooth hit was a harrowing story. My eye injury was also from Shoot the Moon. Why is the riskiest trick so much fun?

2 Likes

Ahhh yes that’s a good home!

3 Likes