Whats your go to Yoyo?

I may be in a river or hiking a mountain so I’ll take my plastic Onestar or Duncan Hornet.

The Dark Magic II, black with gold rims.

For me it would be my Di Base or YYj inspire.

YYJ Theory or YYJ Surge for places that might have hard surfaces, Yelets for chill places with carpeted areas. ;D

I always bring my R94 Yo-Yo to everywhere :slight_smile:

Probably my Raptor or Surge.

But if we are talking yoyo’s we hold dear, it’s gotta be my DNA

CLYW Chief

Anything that I’m in the mood for.

Protostar (my only good yoyo) and i also have a very vibey northstar (got it on ebay for like 10 bucks)

yoyo factory avant garde is the one I keep on me at all times .Since I got it cheap in the mystery box I don’t mind playing over concrete and turning it beat .

I hold mine with a similar holster. :wink: Just exposed rims and cups, swinging around from my belt loop. :wink:

I suppose it’s liberating to firmly embrace that they are fulfilling their purpose when I play them anywhere, any time. Also, I am a buyer not a seller (more likely to give away a yoyo than sell one) so I’m not losing any “value” with a ding… nothing lost if it’s never going to be sold! For these two reasons (playin’em coz they’re portable toys, not being a seller) I have no issue playing any of my yoyos over concrete.

It’s just dings. It’s just aluminum. Sharp dings can be sanded smooth. Huge yoyo-breaking kerrrraaangs I have not yet had, but if I do; these are replaceable. I suppose if I had a yoyo that I considered truly irreplaceable I wouldn’t bring it with me, but I don’t own such a one.

1 Like

MIB OG Peak anyone?

Was the Burnside, it is now the Chik.

I have a bloop too (it’s kind of cool when someone asks what it is, and you tell them it’s a yoyo 'cause they’ve never seen a butterfly shape before), and while I’d happily take my best throw almost anywhere, but being OCD you’d never see me walking the dog on concrete (or other similar hard surfaces), I like to play but I don’t like scratches. Partly why I probably cut my string a little shorter than I should.

Sorry to derail;

Older guy talked to me about yoyos while I was playing at McDonald’s (ceramic tile floor) yesterday. The usual stuff, “I used to play a wooden yoyo,” “boy, they’ve sure changed” etc. He was pretty happy to just be talking about it. He asks, “How many tricks do you figure you know?” I told him probably about a couple dozen. He then says, “I bet you can walk the dog, too, but you wouldn’t wanna do that over this floor and bang up that nice yoyo!”

It was great: sometimes non-yoyoers DO get it! :wink:

My beat up YYF Supernova Lite, blue acid wash.

Aye, she’s a beauty!

My go to is my new favorite Super G (EYYC Paul Han edition) I got it @ BAC 2013 :smile::+1:

This made my day! :smiley:

Personally, my beat to pulp onedrop dietz!

Skywalker
Mullicabobbed translucent powder coat

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/MikeEff/Skywalker2.jpg