Whats the smoothest yoyo you've thrown?

Not in the slightest. I’m completely serious.

“Smoothness” is not a justification for price or preference for boutique yo-yos.

3 Likes

I got to see that myself! Getting one RIGHT NAO!

Two yoyos have made me go “wtf kind of magic is going on here” when it comes to smoothness. My Krown ST and my Senpai. out of the box I could not tell they were objects with motion at all O_O I’ve had lots of 10/10 smooth yoyos, but those two fresh were out of this world.

3 Likes

my smoothest yoyo is probably my wish or my cyber crash 2, first one came incredibly smooth that i’m too scared to use it more,

my cc2 had fingernail vibe and i accidentally smacked it on my desk and now its so smooth i can’t feel it at all and i get worried its not spinning, its magic

1 Like

Do it! Let me know how smooth yours is. I’m curious if I just got lucky.

Although, as the folks at YYE say, there’s always variation.

Weird to say but is one of the cheapest yoyo I have, the Yoyofriends - Shortcut, never met a yoyo without vibes at all is insane how smooth it is, even if I am someone that doesn’t care about vibe the first time I throw the Shortcut I was like “wtf” and all this for 30$, really a great product

3 Likes

How do you like the hades?

I currently have a hinemosu and plan on getting a hades next week

2 Likes

My smoothest was probably my Turning Point TP2 until I opened it. My Raw Steadfast is extremely smooth too. I can’t feel any vibration on the nail.

1 Like

As i think about it ive gotten a lot of smooth throws, i have a bunch of the ones mentioned above, and I’ll agree with most (except @nightshadow i think you got lucky on that one, mine is not smooth at all) But I’ll say i have never experienced a brand with as much consistency as @JEA86 . I’ve had the pleasure of owning 9 of thier models… and I’ll say 9 out of 9 are smoother then any other yoyo. Don’t know what kind of magic he workout or with the manufacturer but if you haven’t tried a motion yoyo yet you should.

3 Likes

Plays heavy of course but a serious performer that I love to throw. 10/10 yoyo but 80 grams is a lot. There’s definitely an adjustment period!

1 Like

I feel like smoothness is like you get to max smoothness and you can’t get more smooth than that. I have a ton of yo-yos at the max smoothness point like shoutout to all three of my hades, panorama, and nucleon. Special shoutout to nucleon bc yo, that Yoyo has been beat beat beat up and still looks the same spinning as it does dead. If I wasn’t for the fade, I wouldn’t be able to tell if it was spinning or dead.

2 Likes

My Delphinium has literally no vibe whatsoever. It’s kinda disturbing because you don’t feel it on the string until you start moving with it because of how little vibe it has.

1 Like

I have two that are tied for smoothest I’ve received. The first one is the clyw dune, mine came in dead smooth, even my roomate that doesn’t yoyo was gob smacked by how smooth it spinned. The second was my yyr autoscopy. Dead silent bearing and completely smooth, most smooth bimetal I’ve ever experienced

Pdx-Yo Batsquatch 7068. It is so smooth that it’s hard to even determine if it is spinning at all.

agreed, so many yoyos in my collection are like “10/10 smooth” but the nucleon particularly stands out to me. mine was never dinged so i cant speak to that but mine is insanely smooth with zero perceptible nail vibe, at all. even wilder is how cheap it is

I love it how people equate yoyo quality with vibe lol.

4 Likes

MSG and Kubrick

1 Like

I remember all of my SPYY throws were glass smooth. I even had a star grade that was barely noticeable.

I miss SPYY.

3 Likes

My vintage, made in Japan Yoyorecreation Dreadnought. This thing literally has no vibe and looks and feels like it is standing still while madly spinning on the string. Smooth as glass.

4 Likes

I’ll second this. I have quite a few that are really nice—YYFriends Vulture and Koi, DD Emotion, even my iQ—but my one Motion, the Linear, is incredibly smooth. I don’t care much about vibe, but that thing is like a work of art. Amazes me every time.

4 Likes