What YYF yoyo is your favorite and which YYF are you Throwing?

@Shwa Gentry fan?

1 Like

@ChrisFrancz same.

1 Like

I like Gentry!

1 Like

Ti shutter, replay pro (that yellow purple combo :ok_hand:), and ex-machina

4 Likes

I haven’t tried too many recents, but I really love the Wangle, and I love it in spite of myself. I think I just pulled the trigger, because of the Winter collection colorway.

I was meh at first, but now I just think it’s an amazing all-around performer!

I ALWAYS have the Flea in my pocket.

I used to really enjoy the Legend Wing, and still think it’s an awesome yoyo, but nowadays I can’t seem to find much fixie joy in anything other than a Spinworthy.

8 Likes

How do you like the Ti Shutter?

1 Like

For me it’s a tie between OG Genesis and the OG Supernova.

2 Likes

Horizon Ultra, It grew on me, but I agree it is a stable, reliable masterpiece, when you hit the finger spin sweet spot you will understand. When you know any trick solid, this throw makes it look better.

4 Likes

That was my first high quality metal and was gifted to me by Jeff. It was right as I was getting into unresponsive. It’s an aqua / pink half swap. Yoyodoc now has it’s brother.

3 Likes

i only have a few yyf but maybe the shutter i am hoping to get a few yyf for xmas but currently i only have the chezch point pivot shutter

4 Likes

Great throw. I was never a huge fan of the regular shutter, but the feel of titanium shutter was just enough different to make me like it.

2 Likes

I like The YYF Velocity Yoyo. It is great for beginners.

7 Likes

Boost Afterburner for me. Mines getting pretty dinged! I’m not a big fan of the velocity although I did learn to bind on it which was a great moment.

5 Likes

I haven’t played them a whole lot yet, but I’ve been liking the Damage and Sugar so far. I had to put a longer-than-usual string on the Sugar, though (I had to do the same with the Ko’olau Edge, too).

2 Likes

Why the longer than usual string?

2 Likes

I wish I could give a more scientific answer, but mostly feel. With the string length I normally use, it just felt like I was getting more knots than usual, I felt like I couldn’t land even simple tricks as often (as with other yo-yos). Adding maybe 1.5" - 2" made my throwing with it feel much more consistent.

I admit I’m not a great yoyo-er, so it could certainly just be that the longer string slowed it down a bit.

3 Likes

Well I sure have enough yo-yo factory yoyos that’s for sure. Of course I’m always one short of a full collection but Time marches on and there’s always another one.

Since yo-yo factory is been around for years and years now. And the two main guys that run the show were around years and years before doing yoyo related things. It’s only logical that the more research they do the more yo-yos they make and release overtime that they are fine tuning their designs to maximize the performance out of their products regardless of price point.

With all that being said, I would say currently the yo-yo factory yoyo landed on top as my favorite for a couple of reasons.

Not only because I really love the way it plays and the way it looks and the way it feels and the price point. But it pulls out in front by a good margin because it’s one yo-yo that really took me by surprise and how much better it was then I even thought it would be. Especially since it’s not a bi metal, a tri metal or Titanium. It doesn’t have any supernatural specifications. It’s not the most absolutely best looking yo-yo I’ve ever seen.

But because it gets high marks in my mind in all categories that I can think of. It’s a mono-metal. The shape is most excellent. Very ergonomic. Just has a real good feeling to hand in on the throwdown. It doesn’t feel heavy in hand or down the street or in the air. The diameter the width the gap, they’re all right on the money synergistic to each other. One spec compliments the others in such a balanced way that works perfectly.

It has a powerful spin it feels good on the throw down. The weight is distributed so well you almost feel like looking more closely to see if there’s a little steel rim weight underneath the lip. But there is no rim weight its all mono metal power.
It’s easy to snap start the many other yo-yos I have. Rounded rims in the general shab makes for a great footprint that distributes the weight well on hard comebacks.

Everybody’s heard the old saying practice makes perfect. I’m not saying in anyway that this new yo-yo is perfect. I am not at a skill level that I can make a decision like that. You have to be amazingly good to be in a position to identify what is amazingly good. I’m not that person. But what I can say is based on or 20 years of throwing around literally hundreds of yo-yos and having a knack for identifying with her yo-yos part of the problem or part of the solution.

So as of today because you never know what tomorrow may bring, but as of today without reservation I do not hesitate to say my favorite yo-yo factory yo-yo is the American.

The American yoyo, made in America and not too hard on the wallet and just plain Impressive(in my opinion).

Ps… There are still some Americans left on the Yoyoexpert website. There’s a number of excellent playing yo-yos from a wide number of makers. But since this thread is about yo-yo factory yo-yos. I honestly couldn’t think of a more economical way to put something amazingly good in a stocking this time around. Merry Christmas

11 Likes

Wow. @yoyodoc you really have a lot to say.

3 Likes

It’s so weird to me that I’ve seen close to nada on the Horizon Ultra mentioned anywhere good or bad. Nobody seems to ever talk about it. I always thought that was a telling of it’s mediocrity.

Personally I hate it; which I know is a strong word for a nice yoyo! For some reason it just made me angry. I love the finish, but the light weight takes away from its ability to grind. I never could get a decent fingerspin on it, even though I had worked hard to get them down on the OG Horizon.

Now suddenly 2 people on here are singing its praises as their favorite YYF yoyo!

It’s definitely not a yoyo deserving of hate. I think it just went so much against my expectations, that I couldn’t forgive it.

I guess it’s time for me to pull it out and give it another try. Maybe see if I can hit one of those magical fingerspins… Perhaps this time I’ll be charmed?

5 Likes

You should try the Horizon 2 prototype. It makes right everything the Horizon Ultra has wrong and keeps what the OG Horizon had perfect!!!

PS. The trick to landing fingerspins on the Horizon Ultra is having the yoyo as level as possible when you pop it up. It can be frustrating though since the OG and Proto 2 do not require this. Good Luck @Myk_Myk!

3 Likes