What would you name your signature yo-yo

What would you name your signature yo-yo? Imagine your the best player in the game and you get to help design and name your own signature throw. What would you call it?
I have to admit that I haven’t been interested in most of the new yo-yos on the market just because I don’t like the names. Yes I’m weird about that. Anyone else? It doesn’t matter if the name isn’t even on it. Although a horrible name in a ugly engraving is worse to me.
Keep in mind that you would have to sell them. Which would be much harder if no one likes the name. As far as I know kids are still the biggest buyers of yo-yos, so it should be something that they would buy too.
My Ore-yo was my favorite

12 Likes

In my dreams, probably something silly like: MiniMotrix or Minimotu or MicroMo…

Something original…

8 Likes

I’d name it after my garage band name: Peanut Butter Booty Bandits & The Jelly Jammers, or PBBB&JJ for short.

4 Likes

Something like 5050 because there’s a 50% chance you’ll like it.

7 Likes

I would call it the Sheriff of Knotingham because at the moment my signature move is putting knots in the string trying to learn new tricks.

10 Likes

It should start with an S and end with an R.

Slumber (second favorite hobby) or Signateur (sounds cool). Would be in good company with the Speeder, Shutter, Sleipnir, Superstar, Spinfaktor.

5 Likes

I’d probably name it after some of the FL keys. Key West for a W shape to start. Theres so many I doubt I’d run out of names. Call the company Key Throws or something like that.

4 Likes

Well, ugghhhhemm. :thinking: Had it not been for this forum and the Internet, I would be the best player in the game.

I mean, just last week, I totally dominated our local Walk the Dog competition, my 8 year old didn’t stand a chance. He took second, also last.

I would name a signature throw, “My Yoyo.”

It worked for the pillow guy and he sold millions.

He could be clinically insane however, I mean in the one commercial he pops out of the mirror like some 80’s horror monster.

So maybe that’s a bad idea. :grimacing:

5 Likes

The Night Shift. Only available in black, dark brown, deepish navy blue, dark purple to dark blue fade and all will have very, very tiny white and light blue speckles that look like stars. The flat cup will have no speckles and a traditional-looking line art moon with a sleepy face white engraving. Available nowhere, ever for $59.99.

11 Likes

I’d buy one

Once upon a time I wanted a signature yoyo to be named the Shibari. Made it happen :smiley:
Nowadays if I had another signature yoyo, I would probably call it the Duma (Cheetah)

4 Likes

Aggressor because i like punk rock and punk rock is an aggressive style of music

2 Likes

What does shibari mean?

Who are some of your favorite punk bands?
I still want a 138 just because of the name. If it had a misfits skull on it I definitely would have one by now.

1 Like

You need some good merch with a great name like that. I’d buy a shirt or a yo-yo if it had that name on it

It’s a kind of rope art.
Also, this was that yoyo!

6 Likes

What about art on yo-yos. I miss having something cool on it. Even a good logo can be a fun selling point. I wish they would put something on some of them. Like doc pops screaming hand logo would be awesome on a yo-yo.
I feel most yo-yo makers miss the mark on the target audience

Why isn’t there more stainless steel yo-yos too? The vow is amazing. The heist is a fun pocket throw but I would like to see a full size blasted stainless with some anodizing

2 Likes

I’m surprised there isn’t (or I haven’t seen) a titanium: AgiliTi

5 Likes

yeh, made the name years ago, but I’ve never been brave enough to actually make anything with it lol.

1 Like

going with that theme, another throw could be named “Jute” if you were going for a material name that’s catchy.

1 Like