What would you like to see come from Onedrop (hypothetical)

Guys, please may I ask you which one for you is the most “competitive” throw from One Drop? Something that can be reliable for frenetic play and big combos.

I am having fun with the Aitch, I switch the bearing with a centre track and I think also changing the pads with the red silicone from Arexon make a difference (but I have to try) as it makes the yoyo even more hard to bind back during a combo.

For horizontals tricks it behave fun, not amazingly but still fine and it’s possible to do nice horizontal combos.

But did one drop made something out just for competition?

2 Likes

I would go with the VTWO

6 Likes

Format c was something they made with competition in mind, I only heard about this recently from someone else as I’m pretty new to the hobby but it looks cool

3 Likes

Of what’s currently available, the Free Solo is probably your best option. Valor/VTWO and Rev1/Rev2 would also be solid choices if you can find one.

6 Likes

Free Solo is pretty wide, plays light and fairly fast, has a step off the bearing for reduced string friction, and is pretty good all round for most types of tricks. So I’d say it’d be good for competition.

5 Likes

Ti Solo

3 Likes

burnside 20/20 would be my guess, redesign of their original competition focused shape.

Burnside 20/20 - One Drop YoYos

2 Likes

The Virtuoso and VTWO are the most performance-oriented of the lineup if horizontal is going to be a major metric of performance

3 Likes

The problem with the free solo being a better comp based yoyo is the small gap. 4.3mm is too small for comp based tricks imo.

The Vtwo would be my choice.
And a Ti vtwo i would love

7 Likes

Thanks for the answers guys, really appreciated!
Do you think it’s possible to find any of those in the market? It’s so hard to find them (and even more in Europe)

2 Likes

Another vote for more SEs in more colors! Rose side effects?

4 Likes

My favorites are FireDevil, Virtuoso, and Format C. In that order.

Other good choices are Gradient, VTWO, Chik, Top Deck and FreeSolo.

7 Likes

i personally would love to see a rerun of the Project or Summit. i never got a chance to play either one and i really want to see what all the hype is about.

9 Likes

Just an FYI there was a Side Effects restock here at YYE.

9 Likes

Ill second this, the spyy pure is my favorite throw :sweat_smile::+1:

2 Likes

For me Kuntosh, parlay - Ti Top Deck

1 Like

Whatever they make, just please bring back the blasted finish :frowning:

And splashes/fades.

9 Likes

I WANT TEAL!!! They are forcing me to buy other colors. I do not like it.

15 Likes

I like teal too, but I also like other colors! :wink:

3 Likes

Now that looks like a picnic I’d want to go to!

2 Likes