What would you like to see come from Onedrop (hypothetical)

GZRs are rare tho. I would want it to be the standard release instead of a few rare ones. Different sized bearing side effects would definitely be really cool. I wonder if you reduce the size of the side effects by a bit if it would be feasible.

I think that they should do their take on the yyj jamboo

1 Like

A hollow yo-yo like the spyy pure or the dk

4 Likes

IIRC, the G2 Decade actual shape/design was a mystery, though he did disclose the overall specs. The colors weren’t a mystery, so folks could choose the color they wanted.

Edit:
I wasn’t around for it, but I seem to recall the G2 Campaigns were mystery colors.
And he’s done a few mystery boxes lately that have mystery colors and 1 of 2 or 3 possible models. There’s one up right now, actually.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s right. They allowed you to choose the color if you wanted, but also offered a mystery option where you’d get a discount and they’d pick the color for you.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, you’re right! I totally forgot about the mystery option! My bad!

C bearings and a/d bearings have different inner diameter and outer diameter lol. It would be neary impossible to develop a functional bearing post/seat combo that would work for all 3.

An a/d bearing post/seat could be more feasible but with One Drop being the only manufacturer of Side Effects, and One Drop also only using C bearings, its super unlikely we’ll ever see it.

2 Likes

One drop already does this, they had a mystery b grade sale where you got 2 unknown yoyos for $80.

1 Like

No bad!

2 Likes

Yes that’s what @suspense was saying. I forgot about all that in my excitement.

I wonder if it’d be possible (or practical) to make a whole new side effect system that included the response area within the SE… obviously they wouldn’t be compatible with the existing SE’s though.

1 Like

There were mystery colorways on most of the anniversary stuff, I thought the mystery color would be any of the colors available but it turned out he just ordered extra solids because too many people picked mystery so it was mystery solid.

3 Likes

Thats not true, i saw at least one person who got rainbow galaxy as their mystery in the G2 nation page.

that’s because everybody elses had shipped out the premium colorways took months to ship

The Campaigns weren’t just mystery colors, which of the four versions of the Campaign you also got was random.

Each version of the campaign may as well have been a completely different yoyo, so I think this kinda matches up with what @hobby_master was thinking about.

I wasn’t around for the Campaign or the Manrquis/Mantis. On paper I like the idea that they encourage trading and such to get the colorway/model you want. Although in the current yoyo scene I’m not actually sure how much trading happens, it’s mostly just buying/selling it seems like. I wouldn’t wanna buy a mystery box, then buy the colorway I wanted from somebody, then sell my own original one. I’d just wait to get what I wanted off the BST instead of buying new. They’re not for me, but I feel like I can see the appeal in a vacuum.

2 Likes

I got lucky on the Decade and got the black/teal splash.

2 Likes

Yea a mystery box of 2 already existing throws. Im saying it would be fun if it was brand new and blind drop.

1 Like

I really think its time for OD to make another Ti

And do a preorder so they know how many to make. I would even pay ahead of time for seed money.

7 Likes

Couldn’t agree more

Ti-rrarian/ Legendary Ti-rrarian
Rally 20/20
Parlay
Cabal

New runs of all the OD/Terraria yoyos with their in-game colors.

New Terraria collab - The Amazon, wood fixed axle, maybe?

3 Likes

Something bigger than a Par Avion or Kraken. Something to compete with Pomelo, Bowl XL and Sas’22.

I know technically this isn’t OneDrop, just machined by them, but I pitched a colab between Atmos and a.RT called the “710”. It’s an even bigger 420 :blush:

3 Likes