What was your first non-budget metal?

my first kinda expensive yoyo, was the shutter, but the first time i was devastated, was when, i put vibe on my shutter wide (polished) by dinging it against a flower pot. I tried so hard not to cry in public that night. THE FLOWER POT DIDN’T EVEN BREAK!

4 Likes

Glad to see you started out at the top. Hey if you are going to do it, do it right. Right?

4 Likes

My first non-budget metal was a YYF Nightmare.

3 Likes

I am still annoyed I didn’t realize the Nightmare is a bimetal Alu Dream, @EOS44 had to edumacate me on that…

5 Likes

holy crap 6 years? Welcome back lol. I tried the MVP 3 and it’s definitely unique lol. Super solid throw.

2 Likes

Shutter Wide Angle. Great yoyo. One of the yoyos that sparked my passion for anything wide.

3 Likes

UK edition 2nd run Hatrick. I still have it. Still one of the best playing undersized throws.

4 Likes

Duncan Barracuda

5 Likes

Got this BvM as my first metal from the nation bitd… I remember trying to decide between this, the project, and the TFL groovy. It was a good call :laughing:

Edit: there weren’t really budget metals back then, although there was some cheaper stuff from yomega and others. The BvM wasn’t as expensive as some, if I remember correctly, and the project was like 80 bucks or something… then the M1 came out and changed the money game for a while.

1 Like

1st gen octave if that is considered non budget (65 or so). I didnt buy anything more than that till my space cadet at 100 maybe 3+ years later. Since then, I think I’ve spent more than 100 only 2 or 3 times. I mostly trade for higher end stuff.

Definitely not a budget metal lol.

Mine was a Red October 401k. I don’t think there were really “budget” options when I bought it. The first “budget” metals I remember that were billed as such were the OD M1 and the YYF line of Hectic, Frantic, C13 (and maybe other YYF that I’m forgetting).

3 Likes