What was your first non-budget metal?

YYF Edge. Or shutter if you count that.

3 Likes

Came-Yo Moonstar in wine red.

6 Likes

HAH! Yeah, it’s barely there. I have a few other YYJ hybrids from the late 90’s-early 00’s, nightmoves, spinfaktor, hitman. Maybe I got a spinfaktor first… impossible for me to say. The axl was the only all metal I managed to acquire back then, I know there were others I really wanted but money was tight. Making up for that now though :+1:

2 Likes

I have a fluchs too. I was disappointed with it because it handled like a brick. It looks good though.

1 Like

i think mine was a nine dragons…

1 Like

My G2 Wolf

7 Likes

I’ve always been happy with mine.

3 Likes

Mine was the first release of the YYF 401k :3

3 Likes

Those are beautiful!

2 Likes

My first non-budget yoyo was a purple Dang2 that I bought from Colin Beckford on a BST last year, maybe a month into my yoyoing journey.

6 Likes

I believe my first more expensive throw was either my CLYW Dune or General-yo ministar2. I was ahead of myself with getting such a nice pocket yoyo. My skill level just wasnt there yet, ended up trading it for my Kuntosh. Pretty happy with the trade, It is still one of my favorites.

5 Likes

Werrd TFL88

5 Likes

my was a yotricks atlas and a iyoyo iceberg I got both of them on x-mas

3 Likes

The first metal yoyo I ever owned was a ColdFusion, then a Cold Fusion GT and an Isotope. Then after that was in 2013/14 I bought a CLYW Puffin. Didn’t buy a “budget” metal until 2015 or so when I bought a Shutter. About 2017 I got a Metal Drifter from Nate Sutter, so I guess that may have been my first “budget” metal. I went in reverse when it comes to yoyos.

5 Likes

Mine was a Dif-E-Yo GTO. Got it new sometime around 2003-2005? I just remember being in high school when I got it, and airbrushing it purple like a real genius.

6 Likes

I got a yoyofactory MVP a short while after it came out, and it is to this day my favorite throw.

4 Likes

Original Red Duncan MG.

4 Likes

My first premium metal was a general yo hatrick when they first released.

That thing was a beast

2 Likes

Mine was a Summit, after a shutter.

3 Likes

Zeekio apocalypse

2 Likes