Your first yoyo?

My first yoyo was yyf one. How about you all?

5 Likes

My first throw other than a butterfly when I was real little was a glow in the dark Fireball my friend and I found in his house. That was the one that got me hooked and actually into yoyo. Wish I had it still

6 Likes

Pocket pros Zombie. still a killer throw

2 Likes

Another One here!

2 Likes

Freehand Zero

Followed by the first starburst Dark Magic when things got real!

1 Like

duncan midnight imperial and a klutz maple.

2 Likes

Duncan Butterfly! Figuring out how to do the sleeper is a memory I will never forget.

4 Likes

Classic Yomega Maverick with small yomega bearing (c bearings were not popular yet)

2 Likes

duncan throw monkey! just found my first one the other day and it’s now my 5A beater

1 Like

The fizz and then the shutter wide angle.

4 Likes

Imperial and Butterfly when I was a kid.

Yomega Firestorm during the yo-yo boom. The toy store at the mall only had Brains and Firestorms.

Wooly Marmot when I discovered unresponsive yo-yoing.

1 Like

Duncan Butterfly - got it from the toy section of an Albertsons grocery store when I was a wee lad. My second yo-yo was a superyo renegade from a mall kiosk during the 90s boom.

1 Like

Zebrano Wooden Monarch without inlay. My sister was visiting Santa Barbara where they were made and picked it up for me long ago.

Looks like they went offline around 2014 :cry:

8 Likes

I can’t remember my first one exactly, probably a brain or some other very basic yoyo during the 90s boom, but I know my first memorable one.
A Playmaxx Turbo Bumblebee. My local mall had a store that sold yoyos, and eventually I saved up for one. I still have it today.

Henry’s Viper :snake:

1 Like

AUDLEY Fire Warrior S

Yomega Magnetar, middle axle area sadly broke though.

My first as a kid was a Duncan Butterfly then when I found out about modern yo-yos as an adult, a Sage was my first unresponsive.

2 Likes

Duncan Imperial & Butterfly during the 70’s craze.

Then Chico Yo-yo Heavy Hitter and Yoyofactory 888 in 2010-2011; pulled me back down this rabbit hole. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Duncan Green Butterfly - 1988.

First real Dive into yoyo in 2008 - Lynn Furry

1 Like