Your first yoyo?

Yomega fireball

1 Like

This was my first metal! Picked one up at my local sporting goods store out of all places lol

1 Like

Bought a red Butterfly and Imperial at the same time in 6th grade. First real yoyo was a Dark Magic, and first high end yoyo was a General Yo Hatrick.

Yes I believe this could be it. It has the looks of a 1st timers throw.

I think I bought this in San Diego when I was at Naval Station Coronado Island between
1991-95 some where in there.
I had to be sure so I looked it up
The patent application 1989, application granted 1990 so if you have a (patent pending) fireball you have hung on to something special for a very long time.

1st Aluminum has the same 1st timers look.

8 Likes

Duncan Mosquito and proyo were my first two.

2 Likes

Duncan Butterfly and a Yomega Fireball.

1 Like

Yomega X Brain

1 Like

7 Likes

Definitely had a small handful of plastic/wooden fixed axles in the 90s boom, but first ball bearing yo-yo I learned string tricks with was a Bionic Freehand 2.

2 Likes

Simple question with a complex answer.
Pretty sure I learned to throw a sleeper on a no name wooden yoyo when I was about 7. First plastic I had during the 90s was a yomega brain. Never really played with it much because clutches suck.
First yoyo I learned any tricks on was a Duncan Wheels circa 2001. Learned trapeze and some looping with that and then dropped yoyo in favor of skating.
2008 my skating pals brother showed me his Dark Magic and told me about how excited he was for the M1 to release. He handed me the DM and taught me how to bind. Got me reinterested in the hobby when the M1 arrived and he insisted I try some more advanced tricks with his brand new metal.
A few weeks later I was stuck in a leg immobilizer with stitches in my knee and he handed me the M1 and told me to bring it back when I could skate again. I got a lot of practice in those few weeks and managed to order a GS2 from yoyoGstring.
So in a way I feel I have had several “first” yoyos.

First yoyo was a Duncan imperial in the 60’s. First modern yoyo after a 50 year hiatus was a gsquared marvel purchased right here when they were in stock in the store about 8 years ago

1 Like

mine was a bootleg russell with a superyoyo sticker on it back in 2006

1 Like

Team losi cherry bomb and grim sleeper. Bought them at the same time. Then the 5 star black mamba, but i never really liked the clutch yoyos.

I believe i went to a big 5 to get mine hahahah

1 Like

Yomega Firestorm

5 Likes

My first one that introduced me to the modern yoyo is the F.A.S.T. 201
Before that, might have been a Duncan Butterfly with the fixed axle

My one was the Yoyofactory Velocity, I still have it nice and beat up at home, great memories!

1 Like

Duncan Imperial in the late 80s. Somebody unleashed a whole batch of these at my school and we had fun for a week or so before the administration banned them.

If I even thought about yo-yos in the following ~20+ years, I don’t recall.

1 Like

My first yoyo was plastic Aero-Yo Katana (Aoda). Then YYF Counter Attack and my first metal was Gorylla by H-spin…

One of these:

And the first more modern one I got was the MagicYoyo V3

7 Likes