What yoyo did you start on?

I started on a yomega brain. This was about 8 years ago. What about you guys? yomega brains, fizz maybe the plus?

3 Likes

Shutter was my first one that really got me in it.

1 Like

wait so you started from square one with a shutter?

2 Likes

Yeah. But to be fair, I came into it after years and years of history with various object manipulation and flow arts.

2 Likes

YoYoTricks Sage. (About 4.5 months ago)

2 Likes

MagicYoyo N11! It’s pretty beaten up now.

1 Like

OD Terrarian

1 Like

Party favor yoyo with string tied to axel.

2 Likes

Shamefully, the horrible Sidekick Pro by Kaleb Kendama :frowning:

4 Likes

a YYJ trigger

2 Likes

I can’t remember the very first, but I got various ones at ToyRUs. When I found YYE and decided to actually learn something, I got a Dark Magic 2. Still one of my favorites.

4 Likes

First unresponsive was a Replay Pro back in May, but I did have a Yomega Fireball as a kid in the 90s.

3 Likes

Yomega Brain when I was a kiddo

Then fast forward 20 years, I can give all credit to a $5 Duncan butterfly for my current yoyo obsession

7 Likes

A NED Boomerang Yoyo (Which is a Yomega Brain with a smaller diamater). My first bearing yoyo was a YoYoTricks Sage.

3 Likes

Hey, @MastarMash sent me a NED yoyo! And some awesome hand-made paracord yoyo holsters + beglieri! :wink:

1 Like

What NED yoyo? @codinghorror

1 Like

It is a good yoyo.

2 Likes

Yomega Brain.

2 Likes

Duncan Pro Z

1 Like

I also give props to the Sage. I threw a Fizz all last summer - just forward pass, a few loops and around the world. My boss saw me and asked me to do rock the baby. I never practiced that much at all since it seems stupid but I did it so-so and over the next day I thought - I have SO many yoyos but can’t do much so I pulled out my Sage and in a week I learned Brain Twister which was HUGE to me!!! Once I could do that easily I tried other things like flips and felt like getting pretty okay was within my grasp. This is getting too long - I credit my blue Sage with putting me where I am today. Thanks to @codinghorror, my first real metal was the YYF Horizon Ultra. I now throw metal except for my Sage and Replay. I have lots of plastics I like to toy with but metals give me more kicks in the head for my money.

1 Like