hello fellow yoyo people,
what was your first throw?
(mine was the k1)

4 Likes

Duncan Imperial

5 Likes

Yomega Fireball

3 Likes

My first few throws were no name auldeys.
I recently revived one of them with a wood bearing blank to play it as a fixie!
Plays well!

3 Likes

A translucent red butterfly xt, and then a Banana First Base

3 Likes

nice i like the first base

3 Likes

A Duncan Pro Z. It frustrated me to no end haha. I however lost it and would like to revisit it so I’m hoping to find one next time we go to town.

2 Likes

Picture this,

It was the late 1900’s. I won a cheap yo-yo at Kennywood amusement park in Pittsburgh Pa.

Yes, cheap but I got pretty decent with it before we left the park.

On the way home my dad bought me a Duncan Imperial at place called K-Mart.

He said this one will “sleep” not like that tied axle piece of ####.

After I learned to make it sleep, he taught me how to Rock the Baby

The rest is history.

7 Likes

The first one I remember is a bumble bee gt.

3 Likes

for me it was a Duncan hornet :grin:

2 Likes

I think it was one of those NED yoyos from a school presentation.

3 Likes

Plamaxx Turbo Bumble bee.

2 Likes

My first was a Duncan Butterfly when I was a kid in the 90’s. I got a Sage from YoTricks to start learning 1A in 2019.

2 Likes

As a kid (4th - 5th grade) every boy had an Imperial. I had a Butterfly then too. String broke or got too knotted so I tied rubber bands together to make a new string. Didn’t work well! In 2015 I tried an Imperial. Within a month I had 15 or so yoyos. I still can’t do much more than gravity pull with an Imperial! One day as I hover my hospital bed I will hear a doctor say “he’s STILL unresponsive.”

3 Likes

Duncan Butterfly back in the 90s. I got you to Split the Atom and Rollercoaster on it.

Upgraded to my first bearing yoyo, Tornado 2.

Got a Fireball and SaberRaider Then Bumblebee GT.

1 Like

Duncan Imperial. It was hard to find a Butterfly and those were the only options available.

1 Like

A Duncan wooden model (unknown) over 60 years ago.

1 Like

Yomega brain > fireball > fast eddy imperial (thanks yoyo man school assembly)> fast 201 > customyo reactor > yyf G5

My journey from a baby boy throwing rock the baby with toystore throws to a 10 y/o throwing Buddha’s revenge getting into collecting with the Bluestar vers of the G5 from yoyoguy

1 Like

My first yo-yo was also a pro z. I still have mine. Plays like crap. Then I got a yyf arrow. Also played like crap because I didn’t know how to lube it.

1 Like

Super-cheap Imperial knock-off from Woolworths when I was a kid in the 1970s – it wouldn’t sleep.

ProYo when my kids got into throwing in the 90s during the YoHans-led craze.

Duncan Butterfly when I got back into it 18 months ago.

I hear you @ChrisFrancz, my all-time favourite throw is the good ol’ Duncan Butterfly but I like to switch to an Imperial every so often to really sharpen my reflexes – catching it on the string is not easy!

2 Likes