What was your first budget metal?

I’m curious to see what was everyone’s first budget metal. For me, it was a black Horizon, which I consider to be my first budget metal (even though I previously owned a MYY N11). The Horizon was my EDC for over a year; it was the first yoyo that I really spent time with. Because of the time committment, I really fell in love with the feel and shape of the HOrizon, which has shaped my preferences to this day. I love H-shaped yoyos now, and I think they’ll always remain somewhat special to me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Were your current preferences shaped by your first throws?

4 Likes

The C3 Level 6 and the YYF Pivot B-grade…

3 Likes

My first budget metal was the Duncan Metal Zero.

Frankenstein_metal_zero
(Not mine)

Though given today’s prices probably most of my metals could be regarded as budget even when new.

10 Likes

Sharks honor!

6 Likes

Shutter

4 Likes

Duncan metal drifter

7 Likes

One Drop M1

3 Likes

Metal drifter then N12.

3 Likes

Shutter

3 Likes

First metal was the H-spin Pyro

3 Likes

Duncan Metal Drifter, I still like to play it.

6 Likes

YYF Shutter

3 Likes

I’ve never owned a budget metal. :cry:

2 Likes

Within a month of starting I ordered a MYY T9 Rainbow to try binding. I recently told someone it was a Yoyo King because it was in a box since 2015 and I forgot. I hated it. It felt too small and I was used to plastics. When I learned to bind really well I pulled it out, put on a new string and now I love it!

2 Likes

Aqua horizon

3 Likes

Mine was the venerable N12 Shark’s Honor.

5 Likes

I love that and was just throwing it in my ever-growing-sweet front combo! Someone is sending me the Node (black!) which is the updated N12!

3 Likes

Mine was the TopYo Silenus. Although I had the Yomega Dash a couple years before, I got the Silenus after being introduced to unresponsive play. As a result, I consider the Silenus to be my first budget metal throw.

3 Likes

My first yoyo metal wasn’t really a budget. Two of my cousins went to one of our local malls where they had this really cool science shop that had all kinds of skill toys. They had these 100 dollar yoyos that sleep forever at that time for how yoyos were evolving. Long story short my cousins were trouble makers and both left the shop with some stolen 100 dollar throws. The oldest out of both of them out grew out the yoyo in about a week and handed it down to me. At the time I was about ten or eleven years old. I loved it, but lost it like many things to time. It was an amazing throw. Does anyone own a time machine(by that I do not mean watch/clock)?

4 Likes

My first budget metal yo-yo was YoyoOfficer aura for 44$. In 2013 finger spin yo-yos were not that popular.so I bought this because of its dimples to perform finger spins.

PNG

7 Likes