What’s a popular yoyo you dislike?

I have a long list of dislikes for some reason. I guess my tastes are out of whack cuz I seem to keep disliking popular throws: Grail, mmc, etc. I was wondering if anybody else had this problem or disliked a throw that everybody else seem to praise?

11 Likes

Replay Pro.

18 Likes

I wouldn’t say I dislike it, because I grew up on a butterfly so basically everything is awesome to me, but I’m not a huge fan of the deeper state.

It’s not responsive enough and not unresponsive enough. It’s semi responsive, exactly as billed so I wouldn’t say they did anything wrong. It’s just not for me. It’s possible if I greased it enough and triple looped it I’d have been happier, but I already had a deep state that did exactly what I wanted so I traded it.

7 Likes

Shutter. Though I like the JDS Shutter.

Also (and this may get a mob after me) the OD Panorama. I loved the Parlay so much more.

19 Likes

Shutter and/or any wide yoyo. I learned unresponsive on an M1, these ultrawides take all the fun out.

6 Likes

AFTER HIM !!! everyone grab your pitchfork’s !! :joy::joy: jk……

9 Likes

lol :joy:

6 Likes

I have a list of throws that just didn’t click with me. I know people love the draupnir but it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

8 Likes

I didn’t love the yo-yo friends sunbird. The response was too grippy for my taste, but the finish and shape was perfect.

5 Likes

Bapezilla… I hate half swapped colorways ewww.

13 Likes

Shutter.

9 Likes

You should do a recessed flowable response on it.

6 Likes

Install a slim bearing with a set shims. You can thank me later. I felt the same way until I tried this. After I did this I fell in love with it.

8 Likes

I think the Inevitable is boring.

7 Likes

A lot of shutter hate. I gotta try one now lol

10 Likes

That’s the forum demographics for you :joy:

No need to worry about the yo-yo that single handedly brought about the budget monometal, and has been a staple in the community for almost a decade.

But the slimline organic, THAT’S sacred territory, haha

16 Likes

I agree regarding the panorama it just isn’t that good imo. I did however just get a Parlay and THAT is a throw.

13 Likes

I think mine is pretty well-known. The Dressel Designs Assassin, along with any other superwide yo-yos.

8 Likes

Not hate, just don’t really care for it. I can’t say anything bad about it though. The Shutter Wide Angle I did not care for one single bit.

8 Likes

TiSunbird / honestly it’s a good YoYo - but I feel like I could have just bought a sunbird and called it a day.

11 Likes