What’s a popular yoyo you dislike?

Most of the throws i have are Onedrop. And it seems a lot of people like the legendary terrarian. I do not.

11 Likes

Maybe the Cloudberry? It’s a fantastic yoyo, but I think it’s also the yoyo that showed me I really don’t like large response steps in organics. So I know I wouldn’t like an MCMO or something similar if I ever tried it. I’d rather just have either a more performance oriented yoyo design with way more rim weight and an even wider trapeze width, or just a pure high walled organic. The middle ground only feels like it’s an organic in your hand, which is probably the characteristic of a yoyo I care about the least.

12 Likes

Good to know I’m not the only one who really dislikes the shutter. I’m thankful it was an early throw for me cause I learned what I didn’t like early on.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say dislike but, really any popular plastic. Most popular plastics nowadays are geared towards performance and for a plastic play pretty good. But again that’s for a plastic. The best plastics don’t even touch metal imo. So when I pick up plastics I tend to go for more fun and unordinary throws.

6 Likes

I have had a hard time vibing with the G2 banshee’s, the mono, SS and Brass all kinda just felt meh at best.

8 Likes

Ive tried the MMC twice and havent liked it all that much. Maybe trying a pyramatte version would change that!

2 Likes

I bought a Valkyrie back when they first came out. The green one with the engraving all over it.

It was like(to me) the Draupnirs’ clunky brother.

I guess the contrast between the two didn’t help. The Draupnir feels light on the string. The Valkyrie doesn’t.

The Draupnir has metal rims that blend very well to the body. The Valkyrie had rims that ‘didn’t’ blend into the body.

The Draupnir has a floaty character to it/yet powerful. The Valkyrie wouldn’t float if you tied a balloon to it.

Most likely, having a Draupnir to directly compare, the Valkyrie obviously didn’t fair well,

I kinda wish I didn’t have a Draupnir to compare…… so I could have just not liked the Valkyrie anyways…

The good news is that Yoyorecreation… recently redesigned the Valkyrie and re-released it with the same name, but a lot more game.

Seems they addressed a few of the things people didn’t like.

8 Likes

He had a Chief from Clyw.
I had it for more than a year and I used it a lot, when I threw it it left me cold, it did not fit me, it bored me.
I don’t know why but it just didn’t fit me.
But it is one of those yo-yos that even knowing it was not one of my favorites, I would like to have it again in my collection (I really liked the drawing of the box, the idea of ​​the chief of the tribe, I think that’s why I bought it and why I would buy that again, not because of how he plays, but because of his name :slight_smile:
I think sometimes we buy a yo-yo because it has a name that makes us identify emotionally with it … I will leave it there!

6 Likes

Should get yourself a sudo as well, buddy, if you happen to like the parlay….!

8 Likes

The DUCC 2 I can’t think of anything I liked about it.
SlimDunk High walls and the instability that brings.
Perigrine Underwhelming compared to other bimetals especially for the price.
Replaypro just meh.

4 Likes

Yoyofriends dove. I don´t get it. Some people even say its their preferred plastic.
Mine vibes a lot, not great for grinds (like the shooting star, or the Speedaholic XX, for example), lacks power…

4 Likes

Ultra wides are good to learn some tricks…

3 Likes

Just change the response pads.

3 Likes

I’m sort of mad at myself, because I tried swapping pads, which didn’t help, and then I tried flowable silicone, and gave up after my fifth try. Then I couldn’t get the silicone out, and little bits of silicone got in the bearing, and I scratched up the response area.

3 Likes

Not dislike, but never kept an 888. Maybe it was just the rattling of hubstacks, not sure.

2 Likes

Geez. Nightmare.

4 Likes

Any o shaped yo :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Amen on Ducc 2. Maybe one day it will click.

3 Likes

For me the most popular throw that I dislike, even though I have a couple of them, and I may come around later, are the G2 Banshees. They are just so stiff and uncomfortable for my particular style of slow mellow play. Maybe if I threw more spastic and needed a lot of speed flinging around my head horizontally I might understand it more, as that stiffness might be there for control.

7 Likes

Dislike is too a strong word… But two that come to mind that made me go “meh” were the Batsquatch and Legendary Terrarian.

10 Likes