What tricks are you struggling with?

name some of the tricks you are struggling with, and maybe some of the higher level players can help us out. i’m struggling on Reverse Brent Stole, any tips?

@JWaugh
@E_S_H_D
@YoYoExpertGarrett
@AndreBoulay
@smileypants707
(the tagged names are some of the better players i know of, if i missed any, tell me.)

5 Likes

Nate 360 reverse ninja vanish

4 Likes

i got nothing, lol. anyone else?

2 Likes

For reverse Brent Stole one thing I would emphasize is that you don’t need to cross your arms all that far. Just a little past each hand and keep your NTH farther behind your TH than you would with a standard Brent Stole.

And, after just practicing a few, I noticed that pulling up the string to start the whip with my NTH makes it much easier than just whipping the string with my TH. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

thanks Garrett.

I definitely second using the NTH for an assist - it’s much easier to throw a reverse brent stole from trapeze than it is from a hanging start, but once you get the feel for it, you’ll be able to throw it a bit more dynamically. Maybe it’s just me, but from a hanging start, it almost feels like I have to do a double whip with my throw hand to get it to go all the way around.

Reverse brent stoles are just kind of a thing that happens a few times, you don’t understand what went right, then it happens a few more times, and you’re like oooooohhhhhh, it works now.

2 Likes

What tricks am I struggling with? Um…almost all of them. :wink:

5 Likes

Try when your whipping to hold your throw and nonthrow hand perpendicular to your body, making the slack perpendicular to the tight string.

1 Like

I still haven’t cracked the code of “normal” Brent stole. I can hit it 1 out of 6 or 7 attempts.

2 Likes

landed it a few times, thank you guys!

6 Likes

The first part of Candy Rain.
I’m getting the Magic Drop…but am struggling a lot with smoothly transitioning into the next mount of the trick. Right now I do the Magic Drop but then feel like I have to stop and adjust before swinging the yo around my throw hand pointer finger to get into the mount.
So not smooth!

4 Likes

Nice job @PCaliyoyos!! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

You just need to keep the strings close to your knuckles so you have room to land easily. Even though you release the first wrap with your NTH before the landing, it’s still easier if you keep room enough to land it without releasing the first wrap.

I also found it was easier to practice the landing without releasing the string. It’s basically like a reverse triple or nothing.

3 Likes

My yoyo keeps turning to the left(I’m a lefty if that matters) after 10-15 boings.

2 Likes

im a noob, struggling with spirit bomb.

4 Likes

Every person I’ve heard of has struggled with Spirit Bomb, so don’t feel bad!

5 Likes

When I first tried to learn the wrist mt I would always get in a knot so I didn’t learn it for a while!

4 Likes

what’s Spirit Bomb? :wink:

5 Likes
2 Likes

lol, i was joking. i just forgot how to do it, i know what it is though. :joy:

4 Likes