What tricks are you struggling with?

:man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I feel like the last hop of kwyjibo I’m not consistently landing in double or nothing. Most of the time I land on all the strings, which isn’t terrible as I’ve found jerking my left hand to the right causes the yoyo to fly to the right, ramping off the bundle of string coming off my yoyo hand. But I’d like to be able to do the trick correctly instead of happy accidents most of the time. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Im having a hard time getting through Rancid milk on one throw… sigh

So i used my banshee ss last night to help me learn it. But The part where the yotricks guy in the tutorial is like
“Do this thing where u hold your hand like a waiter.” I always rub my pads a lot and lose spin. Than before the last two hops i jack things up.

4 Likes

Peyton: What trick are you struggling with?
Me: Yes.

4 Likes

so true tho. :joy:

2 Likes

If you aren’t struggling on something you need to start learning a new trick, amirite?

7 Likes

oh totally.

2 Likes

Smoothing out what u know and making variations is great. But yea I agree. Learning new stuff is like a plateau breaker

4 Likes

Rancid Milk is hard. I learned it, but never mastered it. Fun though. Anyway, I had the same problem initially with losing spin around the “waiter” part.

3 Likes

Candy Rain has a lot of parts. I used this trick to learn “mini tricks” and put it all together later. Are they in the exact order? Not necessarily, but I’m not concerned.

In any event, Candy Rain has a lot of useful elements.

4 Likes

I’m struggling with…no joke… Boingy Boing!
it’s been a struggle for years, since I started yo-yoing.
I even mirrored the youtube video’s , 'cause I’m lefty.
it works pretty well, but still difficult.

4 Likes

The spark of yoyo playing reignited recently, grabbed myt yoyos and found I had to start from zero (not that I was an expert… I just stopped playing yoyos when I changed job. I guess stress was the culprit)

Anyway, I’m practicing the “Man on trapeze” and I can land the yoyo on the string but no matter how hard I think I throw it, the yoyo just loses speed and stops 5 seconds after it lands. (Dark Magic II with responsive bearing, also The One with responsive bearing)

I changed the string and response pads of both yoyos recently. Not sure how that would afefct (The pads are home-made silicon pads. They do not rise above the groove)

3 Likes

Welcome back to Yoyo and the Forums! This is outside my trick arsenal but I know if the yoyo does not land on the string properly / straight the friction of string in the gap will stop the yoyo from spinning and a lot of force in throwing the breakaway is not the key, momentum is. By the time I get home from work tonight and check back you will have gotten tons of advice and will be successful at trapeze. Edit: responsive trapeze is very difficult without really good plane-keeping. The One has giant pads that will make it super difficult (if that one has original pads)

1 Like

Jade whip!

I blame Moonage’s choice for Pineapple Catch as Trick of the Week xD. Started on Jade Whip after discovering I could not catch the pineapple.

Am taking awhile to get used to the slackier elements of yoyoing today. Part of it seems to be the string tension in that I seem to need to readjust after every throw (even on newish string) which breaks the practice flow.

2 Likes

Yeah constant tension adjusting is a pain that comes with learning slacky stuff. With jade whip I found it helps to really focus on your wrist/hand angle during the catch.

3 Likes