What trick are you working on?

Well, I figured it out xD. It’s all about timing. I am able to do it correctly sometimes:)

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad to hear this :smiley: It’s so rewarding to make progress on these tough tricks!

1 Like

For sure! It’s very satisfactory to land for the first time a trick:)

2 Likes

Don’t pinch/pull on the string so hard, use the momentum of the yoyo!

Trapeze follow is miles harder than normal follow, give that a go next!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I figured it out, it is all about the momentum and timing. I am working on other tricks but I will eventually try trapeze follow haha

2 Likes

Currently working on Branding and Underwater Basket Weaving.

3 Likes

Fakie heelflip. It’s freaking hard.

4 Likes

Black Hops is fun. I remember thinking it was impossible for me when I first started working on it. But once you get the feel for hopping the yo-yo and keeping the strings moving back towards your knuckles at the same time it will get easier. It’s still a challenging trick to do flawlessly.

Right now I’m working on Rancid Milk. Hopefully I’ll get it eventually :grinning:

4 Likes

Longer string helps for that one!!

2 Likes

I thought so too at first, but I actually find it easier with slightly shorter string. You get less movement of the strings so they’re less likely to get whipped off your finger, and it’s easier to hop the yo-yo at just the right height.

Maybe it’s just me :-/

1 Like

lol just before checking your replies I’d just put a fresh zipline string on my throw and tied it longer than I typically do.
So I’m gonna try long for a few days :slight_smile:.
Then I’ll try a shorter string for another few days…I’d like to explore different string lengths this week to see what works and what doesn’t.

3 Likes

Lol :sweat_smile: I hope I didn’t just mess you up with what is probably a minority opinion. FWIW, I use a perfectly average adult length string for almost everything now. I’m exactly 6’ and most bulk, pre-tied strings are the perfect length for me. That’s nice when I get a new yo-yo and want to try it right away without having to tie my own string first—One Drops are perfect, YYF are slightly short which I don’t mind at all. I’ve even tried to force myself to like some cheap bulk strings so I don’t have to tie loops anymore, but none of them whip well. Sorry for the tangent.

3 Likes

Heh, my standard length is actually a Zipline tied to maximum possible length. Anything shorter feels too short. I have one of my yoyos tied with a full length Lifeline string, and that to me is long.

Im gonna try learning black hops tomorrow I think. Im starting to stagnate, and that is always a sign that I need to learn a few more tricks.

4 Likes

Heck no dude, thanks for sharing! :smiley:
I’m still trying to figure out what works with me with strings, so I’m glad to get other’s perspectives and advice so I can try different things out!

Awesome!
It’s such a sweet looking trick! I’m getting closer and closer!! I really don’t push myself as much as I could on things or I think I’d probably be even further along!
But damn it’s been a fun one just working towards.

Hope it goes well for you and would love to hear how things go with your progress!!

3 Likes

working on fallow and simple geometry

4 Likes

Finally trying Rev stole ninja vanish rejection again.

From Rowland’s tutorial:

I’m gonna get it this time!!

6 Likes

still don’t understand it - no clue how to NV that rejected slack

3 Likes

This took me a while to get down too. I have some tips for this on my youtube as well if youre still struggling. Good luck!

2 Likes

Not really ‘working on’, but after watching a vid on black hops I decided to see if I could whip directly into a brother mount. I can and it is a pretty fun element that I never see done. I guess all the cool kids are doing hooks and ninja vanishes, lol.

3 Likes

Boutta steal this trick real quick

Also did I start the different 3a string trend :hushed:

5 Likes