What trick are you working on?

I’m making my own combos :sunglasses:
also learning some tricks from A-RT’s “Learning Experience” videos on youtube

4 Likes

I love those videos, I have learned almost all of them.

2 Likes

Just getting comfortable with reverse laceration stuff. Trapeze, simple hook, binds, regens

4 Likes

Trying to figure out the first trick in this video.

but the stupid watermark is in the way :frowning:

3 Likes

Beefhook. Hit it finally for the first time last night. Been grinding away at it today. It’s not consistent but it’s happening. It’s progress. I think I’m going to further expand my hook repertoire and start on 1.5 hooks…and that multifarious whip looks interesting too even if it’s an older trick. It’s still new to me :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I personally try to work on 3 tricks at once at all times. I’ll do one for a little bit then i’ll get bored do the next until it goes full circle etc. Also what I did when I started out is when I learned a new trick I added it to a combo of every trick I could do. Good luck

1 Like

Just did a fun little combo with the basics I know so far.

Triple Or Nothing. unwind to a Trapeze, into the first part of Skin The Gerbil (the 2 flips(?) into a Double On Trapeze), unwind into a Trapeze And Brother, into a Double Or Nothing and finish with the Cold Fusion trick.

6 Likes

Another fun one…

First part of Skin The Gerbil (2 forward rolls into double trapeze) unwind into Rewind…then on the triple or nothing, swing the yo back off your fingers once then swing back into a double or nothing (lol I fail at explaining this!) and finishing off with the Cold Fusion trick.

3 Likes

Reverse Brent stole catch rate is at 66% - yuuki slack is at 84% - what should I learn next? A takeshi move?

5 Likes

Also…I know the answer I think, just looking for reinforcement or something lol…
But is it normal to completely suck some days?
I was practicing my tricks throughout the day yesterday and dang I was having a hard time hitting anything xP. I only landed Rewind 3 times in 15 attempts. Nothing felt right!
Today things are smooth and I feel a really cool sense of control. Landed rewind 4 out of 5 times, and they were all very clean.

1 Like

Wow that’s impressive as hell! :smiley:

3 Likes

totally. There’s probably some monk technique out there to recalibrate yourself or something tho

3 Likes

I’m finally landing magic drop/shock wave pretty consistently, but I occasionally reject onto the outside string instead of the inside string. In the YYE tutorial, @AndreBoulay mentions that some tricks are based on rejecting onto the outside string. Can any of you please name a trick or two that do this. I’d like to be able to play it off like I meant for it to happen when I accidentally reject onto that outside string.

7 Likes

I’m trying to do the Chinese Rock the baby from Steve Brown but I haven’t seen any youtube tutorial
Does anyone have a tutorial?
Here’s the trick

Minute 18:46

5 Likes

@unklesteve

2 Likes

I have been spending quite a lot of time doing regens lately, I really enjoy doing them even though I’m not very good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Working on ghost binds mostly but polishing reverse brent stole, yuuki slacks and Kento’s GT

1 Like

I thought I was getting somewhere with snap starts. Really thought I was close.
/sigh
Think I’m going to stop trying for a few days. So frustrating!

2 Likes

Now I have a couple of responsives I have been working on stalls. Man, what a fun and satisfying trick!

1 Like

You need this.

6 Likes