What trick are you working on?

Ninja Vanish catch rate for me is 3/5 - although I get a knot in the triangle that doesn’t undo when I pop out the front, I think I’m not letting the yoyo fall into the mount but rather forcing it into GT - does this happen to anyone?

3 Likes

Nope, that’s odd :thinking:

2 Likes

Hmm…I’ll record it today !

I just learnt Gondola, what a fun little trick! I can’t see how you can lead into anything from it however it is good for me to practive getting used to the little whip section :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The second part of gondola is a red triangle, perfectly ripe for an RT suicide

2 Likes

Ace thanks for the tip!

1 Like

These next coming weeks will be grinding through Funky Giraffe. It has a lot of elements I haven’t touched that seem like good ones to familiarize myself with. Just going to take it a section at a time and work on it til it’s smooth enough/continuous movement.

1 Like

Funny Bone… I can do the bit from the half mount into the ‘mini trapeze bit’, however can’t seem to roll onto the double string (rolling under NTH index finger) as the string feels too short.

Not sure if I am meant to roll just the string attached to the yoyo under, or whether I roll the string and the trapeze under (like a double trapeze… if that is the right name).

I’m trying to tighten some tricks up and shorten some for solid flashy binds. This is the second one of these I’ve gotten doing so

2 Likes

Freestyle flow. Wild and free, baby

1 Like

Just got done with a session and am landing Kwijibo 4 times out of 5. Time to start cleaning it up and adding some flow. Really loving this trick.

5 Likes

Buddha’s Revenge.

Which is good cuz I need all the practice I can get on the 1.5 mount.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s a great trick! It was one of the first tricks I learned, and I still incorporate the elements of it in my combos. Very useful indeed

2 Likes

For some reason I associate Buddha’s Revenge with Cold Fusion, probably because I learnt both around the same time and use both regularly. Good stuff! :slight_smile:

I suppose I should crack on with trying to get Ninja Vanish down

1 Like

Honestly, I haven’t really been learning any new tricks lately. I’ve just been doing the same four or five tricks over and over again. Including some little elements that I don’t really consider full-blown tricks. Oh, and a TON of laceration binds and regens and hooks (basic ones)

7 Likes

as weird as it sounds, this is exactly the place im also in at the moment.

4 Likes

Practicing Brent stole, wrist mount, binds and regens as well!

6 Likes

Took a long break from touching Yuuki Slack (I think 2015 was when I tried to learn it?) but out of the blue started ti pick back up on it and it was one of those moments the trick clicked.

Same goes with Black Hops, which I landed once in its entirety when I was messing with the undersized, high-walled Endeavor.

5 Likes

I’m finally working on Kwijibo! :partying_face:

11 Likes

Still looping. 3 weeks and still not consistant.

4 Likes