What trick are you working on?

Tried to work on that Presque Vu tutorial that was posted the other day in one of the threads here, mine however was pulled off slightly different (and actually a bit easier to do too). Also my tower isn’t inverted like in the original tutorial. Still pretty happy with this because I can then take it to a ping pong (which I haven’t smoothly pulled off yet).

Also in a huge experimentation phase right now (yay!) and trying out different things (and hopefully remember what I did).

To be honest, I’ve been in that for like the last year… I feel I’ve been in a rut for a long time just not wanting to put the time in to learn :frowning:
Been messing with my basic grind binds.

Working on a trick that originated from one of our well known members here - forgot what video Gambit used this move in but recently picked this trick up and working on hitting it smoother.

A trick inspired by John Ando

WELL DONE!

I just did a 1.5 rejection to GT after a few tries. Just picked up a yoyo 3 months ago and I’m loving it.

Working on fixed axle right sidewinder to blind lunar landing. I have the feeling this will be a long chase.

5a Eiffel tower stall

Kwijibow

Nice dude! i like the feel of that one. also WELCOME!!

Rancid milk is my latest accomplishment. feels so good every time.

Still working on this one, but, I added backhand balance to my “working on” list. I think the difficulty in this trick is it is deceptively tricky and, I am deceptively uncoordinated. :grin:

I’m working on suicide… Again… Well I’m hitting it about 40% now and have been able to make 5 on a single throw with the 2evil :sunglasses:

Nice! I’ve read & experienced that if you rotate your throw hand a little bit in the direction of the suicide, the loop stays more open. (If the suicide is being thrown to your right (counter-clockwise from your view), rotate your throw hand counter clockwise).

Hopefully this helps, if not, let me know and I will try to post a video.

2 Likes

yep. assuming your right handed, a little counter clockwise motion with your throw hand during the toss really helps keep the loop open.

Magic drop and kamikaze

1 Like

Tessa Piccolo’s rare candy

Thanks! I’m trying to figure out how to get more consistency. Sometimes the loop is perfect and other times it’s closed. The yoyo seems to travel a consistent arc and speed so maybe this is what I’m looking for :sunglasses:

Ill graze over the obvious first, make sure your tension is good. After that, sometimes putting in 2 fingers into the loop before the toss can help spread the loop open before and allow to stay wider during its risky travel.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve been focused on the “obvious” for a while. I have moved beyond the “starfish” catch and am working on a single pointer finger. Sometimes I catch it on my thumb when I “near miss” it. I have been noticing that if I let my TH drift around the yoyo in a CCW motion it seems to help, but I still haven’t gotten the consistency I crave.

eh, i dont think many players at all have the kind of consistency we crave. We look good on video, but IRL i think its not so pretty. So fear not! Ive been ironing out a special double suicide for the next Battle of the Elders. Gotta be on point by that time! haha