What trick are you working on?

I used to be terrible at chopsticks. One thing that helped me was focusing on keeping the fingers in a nice C shape and not letting them straighten too much into an L shape. Using smaller yoyos at first definitely helps.

1 Like

I just tied to learn this. The rejection seems to be the hardest part. I can do all individually but getting that rejection to tie it together is rough

1 Like

There is a Takeshi version in which he does a flip between reverse brent stole and the ninja vanish and that can help as it can get the yoyo to the middle of the string. I remember watching a @hobbygod tutorial where he also mentioned getting the yoyo in the middle can get you enough slack for ninja vanish. I am not perfect at this combo but have a better experience when using thick string and a large yoyo.

1 Like

He honestly has the best tutorials. Thanks!

Been working on Hook and Brent Stole the past couple days. Not super consistent with them yet.

7 Likes

Working on eli hop

6 Likes

I’m working on chopsticks.

5 Likes

Working on rolling out of double or nothing to a suicide catch smoothly. And trying to make my 1 1/2 mount smoother.

2 Likes

Currently working to consistently land a version of Ky Zizan’s “Chaos Dunk” in Möbius form.

I refer to it as “Chaos-Pass” lol. Its weird how I can’t land the original version yet am able to do this

~Z

2 Likes

This one. And it is a pain in the… I can’t land the triangle consistantly. Most of the time, I’ll get a string mess and the yoyo just dies.

6 Likes

Thumb nail balance

7 Likes

Yo I’m working on this trick now and imma freaking get it.

6 Likes

Ha I’ve also been working on this but I’m slightly less confident I’ll be able to get it (at least maybe not soon).

2 Likes

Been working on this one. I can get to the part around 1:03 but the final couple movements still evade me. I keep ending up in a double triangle. I couldn’t even get to the rejection a week or so ago, though. Progress!

4 Likes

Hah it’s so hard lol

I think I just invented something. If so it will be my second original trick in ALL these years. Also it works on an Akita which means I’m still sloppy. “I’ve got blisters on me fingers!”
Thanks for your support.

4 Likes

I’m working on the man on the flying trapeze Completed

6 Likes

Awesome. How are you faring so far? Feel like you need any tips?

2 Likes

yeah. I can land it on the string consistently but when I get to the bouncing, the yoyo binds itself back up.

3 Likes

I just recently discovered that as you slide your finger along the string approaching the catch, if you give a quick and slight downward push on the string, it kinda just slings it right into place.