What trick are you working on?

I felt inspired after reading your post and it’s around new years… resolutions and all that so I watched the video.

First trick a double hook to start and I nope out of that.

2nd trick I can’t tell which string he hits before he lifts the yoyo back and through and somehow gets into the GT.

Demoralized for the moment so I’m eagerly awaiting your tutorials :joy:

Learned Boingy-Boing over the weekend, messing with Skin The Gerbil currently. I can brain twister and trapeze fine. Also, I’m left handed. Are there any other lefties here?!

2 Likes

Yep, there’s a few lefties. Me included

1 Like

Working on begginer slacks and suicide. Also brushing the rust off the old basics too

still working on the first half of white buddha, tricky to get the little half loop string drop on the second pass out of the bucket from 1.5 mount, I keep dropping the entire string… its tricky…

last couple days just figured out how land a basic finger grind, to trapeze, to flip to finger grind ( like Mr. Boulay notes in his YYE video as a compulsory trick for freestyle comp) and a transition to thumb grind from the finger grind on my throw hand. been trying this on lots of yoyos but so far i find YYF KO to be the easiest to land more consistently. (orbital gtx too).

not sure i can find a lot of flow here but its fun to do maybe at the end of a combo… i do need to find more places to fit in a quick grind for flair. would be really cool if i can figure out how to bind directly from it…

i feel the same with gyroscopic flop too, but need to learn more iterations of it, particularly Doc Pop’s version from 1.5 mount. its slick…

3 Likes

Lately, I’ve been working on my whips:

• Jade Whip
  • Iron Whip
  • Whip to 1.5
  • Whip to Kamikaze
  • Hook

My brain has SUCH a hard time with slack tricks…

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to do that Sakatuca repeater from the trick a week thread. I’ve watched the slow-mo in slo-mo and it still took me a while to even get what was going on. I think I finally see what I need to do and I’m looking forward to trying it (more) later today.

2 Likes

dude his tricks are some of my absolute favorites to learn

2 Likes

Haven’t dug too deeply into his channel, but most of what I’ve seen from him seemed out of reach for me atm. This one seems maybe possible. I love the repeaters like this that kind of look like gear mechanisms turning.

2 Likes
  1. 70% of the horizontal arm hop and I’m getting the hang of it, I always fail at recapturing the yoyo back to the mount after I manage to hop it over my arm.
  1. This one tech combo is on my list, after I saw diegos monotone video he show this trick and ended up find this tutorial.
  1. Looping Shuffle both of my arms is kinda tricky to do but I hope I got the rhythm.
5 Likes

still working on white buddah…

landed spirit bomb a couple times last night with my rain city show pony…felt good. gotta start cheeze whipping into wrist mount on more attempts. i also like going into wrist houdini style and skip the first undercut.

learned Mr. Yoyothrowers matrix brother slack last night after he posted it, fun trick!. some simple new elements for me that are right in my wheelhouse (brother slack, side style ripcord.) also found a second escape from brother trapeze that is similar to the escape for wrist mount .

landed a weak laceration a couple times based on the yye vids… gotta work on landing it from trapeze to call it real…

looking at plastic whip, iron whip, and wrist whip as next on the increasingly long list of tricks i gotta work on… slack is new for me.

Also need to start working on branding, its cool looking and I need more stuff to do with 1.5 mount always…

and I feel compelled to learn how to do tornado binds just to be able to stunt on the plebs. not having much luck landing the fingerspin…

2 Likes

learned gondola and basic green triangle. landed spirit bomb a few more times.

fixed ale feb i learned capture from sidewinder, stop n go to eli hop. need to work on stm and then lunar landing and some others.

still lots of backlog tricks…

2 Likes

these two guys,

3 Likes

I’m pretty early into my ‘yo-yo learning’ still, so I’m working on things like the Front Mount and the Side Mount. I’ve also got a looping yo-yo that I can do the basic forward loop or whatever it’s called with on either hand, although my left is definitely still not nearly as good as my right (and when I try to do it 2 handed, I can slap myself in the face with two yo-yos at the same time! Does that count as a trick?)

1 Like

Calypso like 50% learned

2 Likes

Slapping yourself in the face counts as a trick as long as you can get the yo to return lolol

1 Like

learned Abby Brodsky’s rollover green triangle element…(#36). can’t do it as fast and flashy like she does but I like it, need to learn more slack/modern stuff like this ( seems like all the more modern combos I see have tons of slack elements and like a minimum of 2 or 3 different green triangles in all of them). I’m also also using the mount to gyroscopic flop as well (she mentioned it in a doc pop interview where he brought up the #36 element), it rotates/flops the opposite direction from the sub kamikaze mount.

1 Like

Going to try to butcher my way through Spencer berry’s havoc before I get too tired…I should learn more old tricks…and cross my arms more…

2 Likes

Well today I finally am feeling a lot more consistent and comfortable with the first hop of spirit bomb. The second hop was deceiving at first as I was landing in a manner that was correct at first as it would land to wrist mount but would end up in a knot. Getting it threw that triangle on the way down is tough! It seems like my yoyo is always an inch or two away from it when I land at this point. I really want this trick down. Anyone got some good advice on how to get it to drop through the triangle? I did it once today but it felt like an accident because it was a much lighter hop. I see everywhere to hop it high.

1 Like

I have been working on Superman trick.
So I have been practicing the through triangle portion and the back through portion and dismount of Superman with larger throws to get my through triangle more consistent. I am also practicing magic drop and shock wave to get those more consistent to be able to even attempt the magic drop portion of Superman. I am trying through triangle tricks so to get better at all configurations if troughs triangle to eventually be able to do.
Metempsychosis

Well that is the plan at least

Any tips would be helpful on any of this. Metempsychosis will be a long satisfying journey I am sure

4 Likes