What trick are you working on?

Trying to invest some time in 4A, so Goldilocks Zone.

Doesn’t help my other hobby, balisong, also requires me picking something up off the floor all the time.

2 Likes

I should work on basic chopsticks stuff all day because it still feels so awkward on my wrists and I keep flubbing those parts in other tricks, but that metempsychosis trick looks so sick…

2 Likes

Figured out what happens in that metempsychosis tricks but it’s too hard for me…so for now…
Long Trick-Sir Candyrain III by Gabe Lozano
Short Tricks-Flicker I & II by Chris Makita, hooks that land on the th
Longest term tricks I can’t stop thinking about-boing-e-boing a dead yoyo, suicide tongue catch

1 Like

currently I’m learning this one from hiro irifune

4 Likes

Trying to somehow get beefhook solid :full_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

started working on jade whip. landed it a few times. trying to get more consistent… i also think i can gyro flop in the mount as well but haven’t messed with it yet. just working on the ripcord dismount at the moment…

1 Like

TaW
Gentry ballistic for the hopping arm crossing mechanics…loving more arm crossing…

Mario & Luigi… Can do the whole trick, but can’t open the gap wide enough for the second entry into the wrist mount. Any tips? I know small hands probably isn’t a problem, but really struggle to get the string away from my hand so I can drop the yoyo through into the mount.

1 Like

I haven’t tried this trick yet but I saw this text and pic @mable left in another post about wrist mount and it helped me and I think is relevant

This is the text @mable wrote copy pasted — The trick to hopping it in is just to increase the size of the string gap. Having your fingers be extended outwards towards your NTH is what you want, not spreading your fingers wide as you would with normal chopsticks stuff. Spreading your fingers further apart like you would for chopsticks only makes this movement harder. Also this extra wrap around the TH middle finger lets you push the string all the way to the tip of the finger, instead of being stuck around the middle knuckle.

1 Like

Hi all, im into Iori Yamaki wrist combo atm…trying to adjust movement into the last part with rejection hop and speed up the first half o the combo and be smoother and have enought spin for the second part. Love everything that involves wrist mount :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I just started working on White Buddha today. It’s weird I remember looking at this trick a few months ago anc passing on it because it looked too hard. As time has gone on I forgot about it. It seems alot more manageable now. I like the way it flows alot, very cool trick. I like to learn tricks that I can on both my freehand one and unresponsive yoyo. Paul Escolar made so many good tricks.

2 Likes

1.5 whip and follow, both have eluded me but I’m starting to hit them now. Also getting better at shoot the moon and can get about 3-5 in a row if everything is lined up properly.

Just need to keep practicing until they are second nature. :hugs:

2 Likes

Pulse rifle. The time for arm tricks is now

1 Like

pull starts to dna. getting much better at it that way instead of the hop to my finger from a horizontal throw. still its just to be able to do dna on the rare chance I get a request.

jade whip is getting better more consistent.

learned a simple 1.5 mount to gt from @yoyo_cubicle at NER saturday. starting to get the hang of it now…

3 Likes

Got a speedaholic xx and now throwing horizontal and popping to a fingerspin is way easier, and i figured out how to gyro flop it to my middle finger from docpops original trick. It feels good to be able to combo to that and a tornado bind finisher… been going from skin the gerbil to a jedi flip to gyroscopic flop to fingerspin and bind. Still not comfortable with fingerspins in just a flat cup, really prefer a dimple right now. Skyva is pretty good, But docpops icarus is working for me ok. And i can manage to carefully pull start my diorama with ul se’s. Stupid fingerspins… i am enjoying them now, lol.

1 Like

Kamikaze. Trying to get that first roll down

2 Likes

Ladder escape!

Join us!

1 Like

2.0 hook - I can do it 1 out of every 8/10 times at this point.

I feel like every hook I learn ( 1.0, beefhook, etc) is like a month of my just flailing my arms about and randomly hitting it. Then one day it clicks and I’m hitting it 9/10 times

4 Likes

Added a little extra flare to that bee sting aerial I did the other day. I think it’s called a Keychain? (that little flipping number I did at the beginning)

6 Likes

That one, sweater combo, birdcage, 2.0 hook but just in the mornings while on honeymoon and wife is a sleeping or getting ready (like right now) plus maybe go back to tsunami bomb or something beach themed. Island hops?

4 Likes