What trick are you working on?

Me to! I realize i never figured out Shockwave.
Also working on Weaves. Crazy & super 8s.

3 Likes

I’ve been working on Roller Coaster and Matrix. I’m getting there, but that string wind for the second loop in Matrix is weird. Also working on Sidewinders.

3 Likes

There shouldn’t be any lopp in matrix or Roller coaster… if your willing to video your attempts im sure someone will be able to help.

Matrix you basically toss the yoyo over your TH and get into a DON and unwind… as you unwind turn your TH in towtd you NTH and i think that avoid the loop you might be getting…i think andre B just drops the string of his TH… you end in trapeze and repeate or Bind.
I hope that helps…i hope that’s correct :smile::smile::smile:

2 Likes

This is the part I’m having an issue with. It looks way too clumsy so I’m working on cleaning it up.

2 Likes

I’m working on kwijibo :sob: I’m so close

3 Likes

Once you get it, you’ll hardly miss.

2 Likes

Just like music, practice the sections that give you trouble or not smooth in isolation. It helps a lot.

3 Likes

Started learning Boingy Boing yesterday, I was actually pretty surprised to hit it in the first few goes, but there’s a lot of work to do on it yet. Seems OK once it’s started boinging but tricky to get going.

I really struggle with Pop N’ Fresh still, definitely find that the hardest to consistently hit so far (I can hit most of the trick ladder). Maybe hit it 50% of the time but I struggle to get the rhythm right.

3 Likes

All of them. My major problem is that I follow Brian on in insta, and that man can work wonders with a string. He weighs the same as a duck.

5 Likes

I’ve stopped trying to learn from tuts I’m mostly just doing tricks that feel good to hit, if that makes sense, like whipping into a double or nothing or whipping into 1.5.

5 Likes

I’ve cleaned up the Matrix, so now I’m on to Boingy-Boing and Pop N’ Fresh. Day one, so there’s a lot of cursing.

5 Likes

Learning new tricks and cussing is like peanut butter and jelly.

9 Likes

Hey guys, I’m trying to learn “Bouncy Castle” but the start already bugged my mind. I can pull off the 1,5-mount but o CANNOT make the Bouncy start thing, any tips? I made a video of me trying, but I would need to upload firts at somewhere. Thanks in advance!

I just got down 4 repetitions of Zipper. Not fast but I ended with a decent bind. Not allowing my hands to drift apart is my biggest struggle. I am getting better though! Some tutorials show the person lifting their NTH waaay up high. Not gonna do that. Looks pretty goofy to me.

5 Likes

Spirit Bomb. Such a frustrating trick because every time I get it wrong at the first pop I seem to end up with knots which then drives me up the wall trying to unpick!

2 Likes

I’m working on Planet Hops and Dumptrucks with my fixies, and Beefhook and White Buddha with my unresponsives.

4 Likes

Suicides and redirects with the responsive.
Cranky mallard with the none responsive.
NTH bee-stings with 5a, or would that be called switch bee-stings?

5 Likes

Cranky Mallard is a cool looking trick, I just looked it up, impressive.

1 Like

Thanks. I saw the demo on here the other day. I thought. I can almost do most of those movements.
It is the right level of challenge for me.
Having fun with it.

3 Likes

Just getting started. I’m an middle aged dude. Working on my breakaway and trapeze mount with it. Got the yoyo tricks app doing the level up thing. Working on the first 50 tricks.

4 Likes