What trick are you working on?

A lot of the tutorials do not teach it the exact same way. Basically the same trick but there are very subtle differences in approaches and they all seem vague (to me) at the exact point I am having difficulty. I think it’s mostly my comprehension and absorbing what I am seeing in a way that I can utilize the information I am seeing. I should be trying again and not crying about it here…

2 Likes

Replay, struggling with the brother of double or nothing and triple or nothing, seems to have not enough string…

3 Likes

If you are playing with the string that came with the Replay it probably IS too short. A lot of YYF “beginner” yoyos come with EXTREMELY short string. I guess because they figure beginners are all four feet tall.

3 Likes

Sorry i meant rewind not replay haha

2 Likes

Is your string at least belly button length with the yoyo on the floor? That could help. Also for double or nothing, keep your hands closer together when making the wraps around your fingers and widen to tighten up when the yoyo hits the string.

1 Like

That was great dude!

Edit… kids glasses are great definitely made the trick look better.

3 Likes

Just picked up an easy one from @MrYoyoThrower this evening continuing with the 5a adventures…

Trick is called “Dancing in the Rain” and the tutorial can be found here:

3 Likes

Sweet. That’s a good tutorial, builds of the basics just right.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the share!

1 Like

Just started on Kwijybo today, focusing on first part now. I was legit surprised to hit it right after the throw here (so much so that I forgot what to do next lol). Been struggling with it so I switched to the Yeti - big part of why I love it.
5 Likes

Working on Ladder Escape for Trick a Week challenge. Smoothed out the ladder mount last night!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Only played 1 week so I’m a big noob. I’m solely practicing front mount and breakaway/sidemount until I can throw them consistently and not sloppy. Picked up some good tips here that are helping my breakaway to side mount.

3 Likes

Black Hops

1 Like

Right now I’m just trying to clean up my breakaway and make it straighter before learning something new. I just recently leaned plastic whip though and I’m really excited about that one!

2 Likes

Always!

Well, it’s not really a trick so please forgive me. I’m trying to get smoother with ending a combo and binding and then immediately going right into a new throw. I always finished a combo and then adjusted the yoyo in my hand with my non throw hand and then went into a new throw. It’s learning the little things that make throwing so exciting for me.

3 Likes

An Insta-Bucket Regen Repeater.

4 Likes

Just feel like I’ve got Eli hops down, then I’m back to working on Magic drop and shockwave.

4 Likes

I’ve worked on nothing new for a very long time now. Might check out a tutorial soon to have some “new to me” element to throw into the mix.

4 Likes

Almost every combo I do is a hodge-podge of misc. elements. I’m like hmmm…I’ll add a little of this and some of that and oh, still got more spin? Might as well add a bit of this! I probably invented a bunch of tricks along the way!

4 Likes