What trick are you working on?

Wormhole looked smooth to me. Can’t speak for the last part. Above my pay grade.

2 Likes

Fooling around with matador pull starts today - stupid easy on the SPYY yoyo spikes…decided to record a rather pointless trick today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Today I started working on the wrist mount trick Gentry Stein put up on youtube

4 Likes

Started working on Skin the Gerbil a couple of days ago, now using it in combos.

Don’t mind the noise from a kids’ show in the background…
6 Likes

5a electric fan. It’s like playing piano

3 Likes

Nice combo dude!

After landing on the trapeze at the end of cold fusion see if you can go directly into the gerbil from there without the undermount first, I think it will look seamless and smooth if you don’t segregate those two tricks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Those reverse flips are way too fun, I always wanna do way more than 2 before going into skin the gerbil, which I also learned the other day finally! Spirit Bomb is kicking my butt now.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip, man. Actually been working on that the last few days - was a challenge to stop my tendency to just ride out that full slide down the string at the end of cold fusion. Learned a basic slack that I am working into the combo with these two tricks. Will try to do a new video soon.

3 Likes

i landed some difficult (for my level) Kendama tricks.

2 Likes

Nice one Roy!

This was kinda what I had in mind when I saw your video.

5 Likes

That’s the exact slack that I have been working on adding in the middle lol. Great minds! Cold fusion to brother slack to gerbil. Working on flow, but that’s the sequence. I do think that slack is a key to bridging them nicely rather than just going straight from one to the other.

3 Likes

Same tricks I’ve been getting into! Love throwing that brother slack in.

2 Likes

Thanks for the thoughts, Min. Makes me want to focus on getting it down. Not bad for my first 40 seconds of yoing for the day!

Just gotta work on smoothing it out, especially the slack part, which is my newest trick. In hindsight black throw with black shirt wasn’t a great choice, but I wanted to use my Juggernaut. Still so much giddyup left at the end - gotta figure out what to add next!
6 Likes

Yeah Roy!

looking sweet there on the second attempt!

1 Like

I like to let go of the brother slack right when or almost before the yoyo hits the string. Be the yoyo :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

your trying to go very fast when attempting, trying going slower when learning and when you get consistent start slowing speeding up.

1 Like

Getting better with the slack bridge, really fun to do. With a cameo appearance of the rugrat (by whose orders I was wearing children’s sunglasses)…

4 Likes

Zipper. Yeah, never learned it. Got the mounts up to getting on non throw hand but then for 3 days it has been driving my crazy. I fall asleep and wake up thinking about it. Watched 6 tutorials over and over - different speeds, screen shots…every attempt at the last steps is a fail. This is how it was with barrell rolls 2 years ago then a guy at work set me straight in 2 minutes and I could do them perfectly. He no longer works there. I don’t want to just quit and know I am just doing one little tiny thing wrong. When I watch a tutorial I think “aha! I got it!” but when I try my mind gets all cloudy and I just do it wrong again.

3 Likes

I struggled with zipper for longer than it felt like I should before I got it. Even so, I’m not 100% sure what I do is correct lol

3 Likes

Hidemasa hook

4 Likes