What throw is overrated/you just don't like, in your opinion?

For me it is the Unprld Reduction. I just don’t like the feeling of this yoyo it plays like a brick on a string. (It is the weight distribution I think. I have played with 66+ gram yoyos that I really enjoy.) I would pick the Ko’oalu Edge over the reduction anyday.

While there are a lot of yoyos I don’t personally like, I don’t think any of them are really “overrated.”
Nearly every yoyo has its fans, and that’s cool, even if I don’t particularly like them all.

3 Likes

same unprld reduction is a brick

1 Like

Most g2 bimetals

5 Likes

Wedge.

3 Likes

You take that back!

:rofl:

2 Likes

I just don’t care for it. Nothing wrong with it. I just do not enjoy it at all. Feels too blocky.

2 Likes

I just happened to be playing one today and was surprised how much I liked it, but it did feel weird how big and blocky it is.

3 Likes

I agree with @ChrisFrancz about the Wedge, though I don’t know if I’d call it over rated since it is hard for me to tell how highly rated it is to begin with.

I think the Draupnir is ever-so-slightly overrated, but that’s probably because I didn’t experience its arrival on the scene in 2013, when it was regarded as revolutionary. To me it is just an over-priced competition beast that has been eclipsed by models I like better (e.g., the Hummingbird).

6 Likes

Well that was 2013. Nothing heard about the draupnir anymore. The draupnir hype back then was worth it, considering all the other yoyos from that time played like :poop: the shutter/draupnir are the 2 yoyos from 2013 that withstood the test of time.

1 Like

weren’t there lots of yoyos from 2013 and before that stood the test of time. it was already a time when throws were getting really good. yoyos like the chief, sleipnir and the other yyr monometals, the summit, most stuff by werrd

2 Likes

I just can not see how can you possibly put the Hummingbird in the same league as the Draupnir? The Hummingbird is slow, unstable and has mediocre performance. The Draupnir is fast, elegantly-floaty, stable and has ferocious spin.

Beyond them both being bi-metal; I fail to see the resemblance. I insta-sold my Hummingbird.

3 Likes

Please don’t start fights in the forum. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Also, the draupnir brought us two of the best Wyyc freestyles of all time (imo)

3 Likes

Deep States and Fat Tires.

I still can’t grasp why they’re reissued so frequently over every other option. :sob:

10 Likes

This one is by no means “Overrated”. Im a fan of mid-sized H-shapes when not chilling with Organics and this one fits that bill. The only Unparalleled that I’ve cared to own. But it doesn’t claim to be more than a decent Mono-Metal, its had a couple runs as well.

3 Likes

it is not that it is overrated i just dont like it. I added that to the title because that applies to posts

1 Like

Sorry, what unit of the thought police are you attached to? The person I replied to was stating an opinion that I disagreed with.Is his opinion OK? Mine not?

Seriously, chill. It is a DISCUSSION forum.

4 Likes

This is the exact opposite of how I would describe the Hummingbird. In fact, there are few yoyos I’ve tried that I can push faster than the Hummingbird, and sometimes if I’m coming from playing a heavier yoyo, it’s too fast. I’m not surprised though, it’s 2-3 grams lighter, depending on which Draup you have. I do agree that the Drapnir is better overall (especially in the power and stability catagory) but the Hummingbird is definitely a modern classic that also doubles as a performance beast. Both some of the best bimetals you can buy IMO, but different feels for sure though. Apples and oranges.

3 Likes

Well, c’mon, with a thread title like this one, what did you expect? Did you forget that this is the Internet? :wink:

6 Likes