What throw is overrated/you just don't like, in your opinion?

I’m definitely in a small minority for this one, but I think the panorama/diorama is overrated. And not just because I’m not good enough to land anything on it…

I dunno. Maybe it is for that reason.

2 Likes

I want to like it and keep trying to like it but I’m not the biggest fan of the legendary terrarian😬

1 Like

Is it the shape? Or more so the way it plays.

Not the biggest fan of the shape. I think it’s because of how “winged” out it is it makes it feel way wider then it actually is so it throws me off a bit? Kind of hard to explain. Also don’t like the feel of the ridges🤷🏻‍♂️

3 Likes

I understand the perceivable wideness, 1mm wider than a MMC but feels way wider due to it’s winged shape. Always cool to get people’s viewpoints on their preferences.

1 Like

The Replay Pro is garbage to me. It’s proof that just because you can win a championship with a yoyo doesn’t mean it’s any good.

But that’s just my opinion. I just hated everything about it.

4 Likes

Haha. It’s my favorite plastic! It feels perfect to me. Yoyos are like shoes. Try on my shoes, they’re perfect and sooo comfortable - the other person will hate them and can’t even fit into them let alone walk. Aaah, the beauty of yoyos.

3 Likes

I have a regular in black. It reminds me of whatever a Bat yo-yo would be, the wing shape.

2 Likes

There is already so much negativity it the world, do we really need another “Don’t Like” thread. How about a spin in the right direction and a “Throw that I Finally Came Around Too” thread.

Negative Opinions just breed Negativity, YoYo should be a Positive Light in the World.

12 Likes

Great idea! @Exmime

3 Likes

I’m interested in what yoyos people don’t like just as much as ones that they do honestly. It’s good to hear opinions, both positive and negative.
Throttling discussion and opinions because it’s not all hearts and rainbows would kill this forum’s usefulness pretty quick, everyone is free to participate in a particular thread or pass it up if they don’t like it.

Ivan

5 Likes

Totally agree. However, a lot of times I wish there were more nuanced critical discussion beyond “I love this yoyo” or “I hate this yoyo”, and threads like this one don’t really invite nuanced debate. Instead it becomes another list-thread, albeit a negative one.

2 Likes

Brace yourself. Shutter comments are incoming…

Actually, you know what? Even though I think that Shutter is an amazing yoyo, I’m going to get all of that out of the way right now, so no one else has to say it.

SHUTTER SHUTTER SHUTTER SHUTTER SHUTTER
SHUT-SHUT-SHUTTER

(alright, that should just about cover it, carry on gentlemen)

4 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

3 Likes

I really dislike when people say that a yoyo did something (no offense to you personally of course!! i just want to share my opinion)
It was the contestants that brought the freestyle to you! They spent several months of training to build this routine and I think it’s just silly to say that the yoyo did it. Or also when someone says that a yoyo won a champtionship title, the yoyo didn’t win anything, the contestant that used it did.

But I understand your message of course, you meant the Draupnir is so good that it got used in the best wyyc freestyles :smiley:

3 Likes

I pulled my punch. I was going to just say AMERICAN MADE YOYOS BECAUSE AMERICAN YOYOS DONT HAVE SOUL… but instead another dumpster fire topic started on SOUL and we will surely get a made in the USA thread by the end of the week to round things out.

1 Like

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

1 Like

Personally, I think the most Over-rated is the Dollar Tree yo-yo.

Yes, yes, I know…… it ‘does’ have some kinda gap included. And it ‘does have something like an axle holding the halves together.

And it does have what looks like a bearing towards the middle.

And it ‘is’ made from some pretty nice remelted baby buggy parts…

But that price has got to go.

$1.00 is highway robbery.

Based on the lack of quality construction, I think they could charge 25 cents and still make a 50 cent profit.:thinking:

6 Likes

It has a lot of soul though

1 Like

Actually, you are correct in a way.

It indeed did…… the second I put my work boot over it and stomped it into a parallel dimension, it had Soul all over it.

4 Likes