What thick lube or silicone grease are you using in your modern responsive bearings?

Curious about everyone’s preference is for this and if people have landed on the same brand/type.

Vaseline

3 Likes

traxxis silicone lube.

3 Likes

Either YYF looping oil (thicker) or Singer oil (slightly thinner but still thick).

3 Likes

Hyper yoyo maintenance oil for my loopers

1 Like

Traxx (per Doc Popular) sometimes YYF thick.

3 Likes

Superlube 51010 its a thick lube that comes in an easy squeeze tube, and for my tastes provides the perfect balance of long spins and predictable, reliable response. I used to use silicone grease, and while the response is WAY snappier I found it killed spin while being no more predictable than the thick lube. Thick lube needs more of a tug, but it’s always the same tug.

2 Likes

I use yoyofactory thick lube. The tiniest drop usually two little dabs that I put on a tooth pick.

1 Like

Whatever works, some yo-yos need a lot of help to get responsive enough, I have had to use wheel bearing grease (just a tiny amount) to get smooth responsiveness for my AXL elite. Sometimes it’s easier to experiment with diff lubes and strings than to start in with the friction stickers.

Really? I never thought to use this. What’s your process, how much? Do you pack it? Put the shield back on? Thanks.

1 Like

I just get a pea sized amount on my finger and pack it into the bearing then take a paper towel and remove the excess. I do not remove the shield.

So you more less just rub it on top of the shield?

I just opened up my Deep State and packed it full of Traxxas silicone grease and put the shields back on. It’s snappy and much more responsive now, but I definitely sacrificed sleep time. Probably going to open it back and take a little out.

2 Likes

If you’re wanting to lube the bearing in an RBC, one drop of thin lube will do it for the rest of the bearing’s life.

1 Like

Yes, use this all the time. If you ever read the fine print on Yomega Brain Lube, that is repackaged Superlube.

3 Likes

Thats good to know!

I think I’m getting to that point. A couple times a day now my RBC will go unresponsive, but I just wind it back up and it goes back to its snappy self. Have you needed to change out the pads on any of yours yet?

Yoyo factory

No I’ve never needed s pad change yet.