What string are you using?

Beginner in diy strings .
If you have any numbers to share (like reduction percentage of the string ?)

3 Likes

Bulk poly
Cheap, pretty long lasting, whippy

If you want something more whippy at a high price, I also really like string theory 100% nylon

2 Likes

I use 30-35% reduction for my strings. Different thread types will probably be different feeling from each other even with the same reduction rate though.

I source my silk from generic bulk silk sellers. A spool that can make around 3-4 strings each costs like 2.5 dollars here.

From my experience, bulk korean silk perform very similarly to each other even if they’re under different brands.

Each silk string lasts over a month under heavy play, and lasts even longer if you rotate your yoyos.

3 Likes

Kitty First Class Fat on everything

4 Likes

In fact I play responsive mainly,(Arrow Elite) , but love to make it Spin for walk the dog.

Thanks for your swift reply .

Waouw 30-35% !
Seems a lot !

I reduce around 20% and feels already there is a lot of tension.

Plus at the end, the string looks like a commercial one.

Will try the 30% reduction .

Using 100% Polyester usually.
Kind Regards Lee

1 Like

Put some bee-wax on the string to make it less slippery

30-35% reduction seems like a lot to me. I’ve found a sweet spot at 10-12% but I also have a decent amount of tension on my wraps before spinning the string.

1 Like

Typically, Bees Wax increases Friction, making it “More” responsive.

Sounds counter intuitive. But I use bees wax on wood fixed axles to make them more responsive.

Good luck.

3 Likes

What he said. Any lubricant increases overall contact between parts and drag creating more response. Also a protective affect between parts as your adding a fluid between the contact points. Beeswax on a string bring the lubricant in your scenarios.

1 Like

I love Zipline strings and run Business Class and Accel on almost all my yoyos. A few of them are wearing Slackies or Alpha Lines, and the off-string has a Sochi fat.

1 Like

c3 pro string

1 Like

Goated string haha, I would’ve bought 3 if it wasn’t morally wrong to hog :\

1 Like

Whoops :skull::skull::skull:

6 Likes

That pinkkkk thooooo :ok_hand:

3 Likes

looking back on this thread after starting string reviews just taking notes lol, i HAVE to get to ot soom

1 Like

I can send one ot fat and ot normal to ya with the pay it forward that’s headed your way soon (idk why yyef recommended me this months later)

1 Like

yeah that sounds sick!

I once a while ago bought a ton of this one string I found online, I am low now so this time I am also going to get string I know are quality.

Using Markmont formulas nightmoves

5 Likes