What is your favorite string/response combo?

ive been using fat kitty string, dont remember what the materials were, and blue yoyofactory response. i find that this combo snags like you would not believe. what are your favorite, non snaggy, response/string combos that i, or anyone whos interested, could use.

1 Like

Venom + yyf blue/teal pads

1 Like

venom are pretty expensive tho, right?

ZipLine GoldenEye or YYSL Neon Orange with One Drop silicone pads.

3 Likes

I have not tried a lot of different string. I just get the regular yoyoexpert polyester string because it comes in 100 packs. I have only tried the white and the tan YoYoFactory response pads and I do not feel much difference there.

It depends on the yoyo but the majority of mine use Venom string and natural-colored YYF pads. One of my regular customers at work has been blending up some different silicone samples for me to play around with though.

1 Like

I think it really matters on the yoyo due to gap width etc. I personally prefer a super non responsive throw. So for my CLYW I like using the landing pads as they are a little more flush than the Snow Tires. and then I use Sochi Normal or Kitty Normal. That’s just what I like. My YYF I use their natural colored response and the same string. It all takes breaking in and bearing maintenance is to be considered as a variable as well.

Yeah, I know. I was just wondering what kind of stuff you guys preferred. I think I’m going to start using venom now. Do any of you know how plutonium plays with yyf?

And what does yysl stand for?

yysl = yoyo string lab

I got the sampler pack on YYE and I’d suggest it for anyone curious about the YYSL strings. Venon, Type X, Ammo, and Plutonium samples. I like all of them, although ammo is a bit too thick for me.

1 Like

I heard Evan Nagao really likes that combo. :wink:

2 Likes

Airetic/Red RTV

Good strings are going to last. I have purchased a variety including string from Zipline, String Lab and Kitty. Been happy with all of them. There are others that I want to try that seem to stay sold out. I suggest getting a sample pack from a couple of brands and see what you like and what works best for you. An initial investment in string exploration can make a long term difference.

1 Like

For any gap wider than 4.50 I use orange Kitty XL. Pads? Whatever comes on the yoyo.

Its not super expensive, i think its worth the price, it lasts a good 30 years and is the brightest string ive ever used. Its basically a glowstick in natural sunlight and in the shade it also just pops out. I got mine in a deal with an edge for 50 bucks, best decision ive ever made

venom?