What should I buy today

I feel like treating myself to a new yoyo and budgeted around $150. I’m considering buying 2-3 throws in the $50 range or just one high end. So far I’m thinking about some combination of these:

YYF Marco
Relic puff adder
OD Sugar Glider
Topyo colossus iv or something else that won’t blow the budget away

OR

Edge beyond

What do you guys think? Is the edge beyond really that good? Any other recommendations?

2 Likes

I like where you’re headed, but I’d go Kedge, Boa, Sugar Glider, and a YYF Bgrade!

4 Likes

I recommend one high end Bi-metal and one budget yoyo, maybe a Blockade and a Raiser?

2 Likes

They are teasing the colossus v i believe

1 Like

Should have mentioned this earlier, but I’ve got an OG Edge, that’s the only reason I haven’t considered the Kedge.

Why the Boa over Puff Adder if you don’t mind me asking? The reason I’ve been eyeing the PA is the bowl fingerspin design.

I would get a monometal and a bi-metal.

For the monometal I would get a One Drop Top Deck, and for the bi-metal I would get a TopYo Dominator. Together they will set you back just under $155, and if you get one of them through a BST, you will come in under your budget. To my mind, that would be the best way to spend around $150 on yoyos.

4 Likes

I’ve got a Raiser. Really like that yoyo, played with it yesterday. I know nothing about the Blockade though. Would love to hear more about it.

1 Like

Funny you said that, I was already looking at the Dominator in a 2nd browser tab. I really like top yo because of the Raiser and Silenus. How’s it play compared to those?

I really want to get a one drop in there. Sadly I have never owned one. I was looking at the SG because it’s budget friendly, but you think Top Deck is the way to go?

1 Like

There are so many to choose from. The new Wildfire is simply fantastic! Topdeck, Markmont, Cadence SE, etc! Or wait just a little longer for the Ti-Vayder! @codinghorror

4 Likes

The Boa is no slouch at fingerspins, but definitely not capable of what the Puff Adder is in that regard. Boa just a bit better overall imo. I’ll change my YYF recommendation from Kedge to MVP.

2 Likes

I wanted to buy a new yoyo today and decided on this

8 Likes

If you go One Drop, I would definetely go for side effects. However Top Deck is awesome. Virtuoso is great, Terrarian, my favorite MC or Parlay.

2 Likes

Ooooh, that colorway! The VTWO is a super performer. I have 2 saturday market b grades.

3 Likes

I have not tried one yet so hopefully I like it. The Dark Matter colorway is phenomenal

2 Likes

Blockade is a stellar organic comp bi-metal.

2 Likes

Yoyofactory is selling the second round of b-grades next Wednesday. If I were you I’d put roughly $50 towards a few throws there and $100 towards something like an UNPRLD Flashback or SF Bliss.

(Disclaimer: I haven’t thrown the flashback nor bliss yet. I have heard great things about them though from many people)

2 Likes

I have tried the Bliss, it is noice, I would’ve liked the binds to be tighter (the CS edition Bliss fixed that) not too wide (I don’t usually care for wide yoyos) regens are fantastic, it does do well in thick tech (yoyos with really tight binds don’t really do well in tech imo) I think it is good overall.

Great recommendations here. Although I’m surprised nobody commented on the Marco. That was one of the ones I was about 90% sure I’d buy. It looks basically like a wider bi-metal horizon. Is it just not as good as it looks on paper?

1 Like

What no? Where!

1 Like

Most YYF releases outside the big signature model ones get no love. Like the Alta, the Marco, Blade, Boost, etc etc etc … not artisanal enough :sob:

2 Likes