Yoyo Recommendation

Hey. I’ve throwing for about 2 months and right now I own a Shutter WA and a Replay Pro. I think it’s time to get a new one but there are lots of recommedations out there, so I cannot decide. I think I would like to avoid organic shapes this time. I’ve been thinking of something that is less than 80$. I would like something accesible nowadays in terms of abiavility and that budget, but I’m open to everything.Any suggestions? If you have time, explain me why you suggest me that throw. Thanks in advance:)

3 Likes

top yo silenus it’s only $35 but it plays some much beyond its price point

3 Likes

One Drop Top Deck.

It is one of the most powerful monometals I’ve ever played. It is incredibly stable and spins a very long time; basically the soul of a bimetal in the body of a monometal. It is also incredibly comfortable in the hand. Last year they were available for $79, but they’ve gone up a few bucks for 2019, so if $84 is beyond your budget, try to find one on a BST somewhere. They are worth every penny.

6 Likes

Definitely a solid recommendation.

I probably wouldn’t get a Silenus if you already have a WA, since they’re both in the same ball park.

I’d say either a Top Deck, a Topyo Raiser, a Topyo Dominator, or the new Yoyofriends sync.

5 Likes

Any rim weighted monometal should do. I really like my Yoyofriends Magpie, which is $70 and is also made of 7068 aluminum. They also have the newer Sync, which is cheaper at $50. Any yoyofactory monometal should be really good.
SF Cadence ES is another good $50 metal but I think it’s sold out at the moment so you’d have to wait for the next release.

4 Likes

YYF Marco

Why: I received it in a YYE mystery box, so I had no emotional attachment to the yoyo. Out of all the yoyos I ever got in all the mystery boxes this was my favorite. So glad they sent it, otherwise I probably would’ve missed out on it. Now I’ve had it for quite a while and I’m constantly picking it up and throwing it. I own a lot of throws and this one is just flat out fun.

4 Likes

Of course these are all just recommendations, don’t be confused by the fact that everyone is giving different options, it’s because every option is good. In fact I’d recommend trying something different/new that other people haven’t tried. Some cool new throws are the sync (which I mentioned) and the Mk1 Diffraction (that’s not on YYE, but @ggmarkd can help). There’s also the YYF California, which is pretty inexpensive. You can look at some more new throws here:

1 Like

Having seen all recommedations the Diffraction 2 has caught my eye. The problem is that I’m probably buying it within 2 months…so Idk if it will be aviable then. Thanks:)

3 Likes

It’ll probably depend on the color! I hope I still have one for you in two months :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

What color is going the quickest? They are all so beautiful.

I hope so, too:)

Pink > Green > Blue
2 Raws and 6 half swaps are all gone.

What was the total run?

3 raw, 19 of each color. I made 2 of each half-swap combination.

2 Likes