Best overall Yo-Yo for about 50$

Hey, I am new in yoyoing, I have been playing for a bit more than a week with a Replay Pro. In a month or two I’m planning to buy a new yoyo, and I’m looking for reccommendations.
I want it to be metal, about 50$(30-70), 1A, and overall yoyo, that works fine with the most tricks, no vibration. I saw the Carpfin or the Shutter but I cant decide as I dont know if there are better yoyos for that price.
Also I would like to know if MagicYoyo strings are a good options and a raking of: kitty string, MYY string, YYF string.

8 Likes

I think it depends on the kind of play experience you are after. Do you want something casual, light, floaty, and easy to nudge in different directions, or do you want something super stable, powerful, and optimized for spin time?

As for strings, I would aim you in the direction of either Zipline strings or YoyoStringLab strings. You’ll get more bang for your buck with them, IMO.

5 Likes

I would recommend the YYF Ko’alou Edge. Spins for a while and has great stability.
I’ve never used MYY string but Kitty is great. YYF string is a good budget option but kitty tends to last longer.

4 Likes

Thanks for your opinion. I want something in lorg term,which I can use to do everything(overall), and I’m looking to dedicate a lot of time on it…so make a reccomendation as if I was an experienced player. Regarding strings, from MYY, YYF and kitty which one is better?

2 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Retic Puff Adder is a solid all around throw for around $50

6 Likes

What you want is an MVP3! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Take a look at the One Drop Sugar Glider. You’ll never regret a One Drop, and the Sugar Glider is a brand new model, only costs $50 for solid colors, and looks like a killer EDC throw.

I think YYF and Kitty strings are probably about equal in terms of overall quality.

8 Likes

I too am doing some research as to which yo-yo I’d like next and I’m wanting it to be around $50 as well.
I’m not all that good at yo-yoing yet, and my collection is pretty small…so I really can’t give you a good answer based on experience.

I did end up picking up a Duncan Mayhem recently though (wont be delivered till Thursday). I was able to find this thing for a great deal and only ended up spending about $50 for it.
I was into yoing in the early/mid 2000’s where organic shaped yos like this were all the rage. And I’ve heard nothing but great things about this Mayhem…I wish there were more video reviews of it on youtube (it’s new…just came out earlier this year).

The next throw on my radar I’m likely to pick up…is the YoYoFactory Ko’Olao Edge. There’s some great reviews of it online and it’s another throw I’ve heard a TON of great things about. And it’s only $45!

I forgot to mention that I’m planning on collecting almost nothing but green yo-yos though haha. So that cuts way back on the selection of yos for me to choose from.

Good luck and I hope you eventually figure out what yo you love the most and HAVE to have in your life! lol :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh, here’s a couple of video reviews on the Ko’olao Edge btw…both these guys have great things to say about this thing…one of them even claims it to be the best mono metal yoyofactory makes.

6 Likes

Do yourself a favor and checkout the Buy Sell Trade section. I’m specifically thinking of the stuff @LEDGERYOYO has going right now. You won’t find a better deal than a gently used piece.

BST Great deals

8 Likes

For $50, 100% no question, don’t think about anything else, get yourself an UNPRLD. The Abduction and Corruption are the best you can get for $50 and I’m sure the new Recognition is great too if not better.

6 Likes

Topyo Raiser,

8 Likes

Surprised no one has said the cadence. I don’t have one and I don’t want to jump on the band wagon for this one. But I must say, it is a very good yo-yo. I’d say grab that if you can. I don’t have one but I’ve tried plenty. Also the yo-yo is clearly shown to be a beast https://youtu.be/SHCumE4JFxQ

1 Like

I like Cadence but… a) it’s been superseded by the ES and b) it is kind of an opinionated design of a yo-yo, versus a ‘best overall’.

Raiser would be my personal choice if new, but the #buy-sell-trade suggestion is even better!!

2 Likes

Reeeeally recommend the Parser at that price point. Super underrated imo.

5 Likes

What do you mean? I’m not a big fan boy of the yo-yo, don’t even own one lol. But I have gotten a chance to use it and it is very good overall

2 Likes

Another vote for the Raiser. Great all around yoyo and fantastic for the price. The Leopard EX is awesome and available on Aliexpress for around 50.

2 Likes

You can’t go wrong with the Shutter. It was the second budget metal yoyo I bought (after the Silenus), and I still play with it.

I don’t find myself playing with it much now, but it is definitely a solid throw.

2 Likes

Same here - I keep my Shutter at work and it gets thrown pretty much everyday. My koolau edge on the other hand, I sold after a few months.

3 Likes