What’s a popular yoyo you dislike?

How so exactly? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’ve played dozens of Delrin throws over the years and for the price, perfectly sized metal fingerspin hub that locks in place, and having a modern performance based shape, I felt like it was very comfortable and enjoyable in what it was trying to achieve in a budget Delrin. :blush:

3 Likes

I would have to say the OneDrop Citizen.

Why that yo-yo gets so much love is hard for me to understand. To me; there are many better titanium yo-yo’s than the Citizen. I insta-sold mine.

3 Likes

Not sure if this thing ever had a following, but I am not a fan of the BBB Endeavor. I was dirt broke when the copper version released and budgeted in for it because they had me sold with the design and influences.

I am not saying it’s a bad yoyo as perception is different for all of us, and blood sweat and tears go into every yoyo out there.

I am saying that my perception of this is that I’d prefer to have to use a Yomega Brain in a throw off.

On topic, the Yomega Brain. I understand the niche but in my opinion it hurt more than it helped in getting people to learn how to play responsive traditionally. It did bring a ton of people to yoyoing though, so for that, I’m extremely greatful. Wonder if a bearingized brain would even be possible?

6 Likes

The Fizz is designed to work with a dry bearing and it does, but another cool thing about it is that the gap is adjustable. It becomes a much more enjoyable and capable yoyo if you open the gap some, and lube the bearing!

I’m chagrined to say I avoided buying one because of this sentiment. When I finally got one, I loved it in spite of myself. I like the Wide Angle even better.

I can’t seem to get into either MMC.

8 Likes

Genuine question here, not trying to be sarcastic, or condescending. Could you explain this thought process? I really struggle to understand some aspects of it. I’m interested in hearing your thoughts.

2 Likes

No hate to you my man, but dangggg! I love that thing. It is in fact my EDC.

And I’m with a few others. The panorama is decent but I feel like it’s over hyped. Not my favorite throw, or even a top 10…

4 Likes

Understandable, most people like the Assassin a lot. I’m the outlier here, which is why that yoyo is mentioned here.

3 Likes

Oh, it was goofy hyperbole on my part. I like Delrin O shapes, and prefer a matte finish on plastic yoyos. The shape and gloss just really rubbed me the wrong way.

1 Like

If you dont like it, I know a good home :joy: Always loved that chuncky little dude. All the BBB that I’ve tried, ive enjoyed.

6 Likes

I regret selling my endeavor. I will own one again.

2 Likes

And one more: The OneDrop Cascade.

By far my least favorite yo-yo of all time. Not only is it a poor performer in all respects; it marked the point where OneDrop stopped trying to make yo-yo’s to compete with the rest of the industry. IMHO, OneDrop has been a niche-manufacturer since then.

4 Likes

I’d love to hear you elaborate more on this. When you say “compete with the rest of the industry,” what exactly are you referring to? Competition style yoyos? Quality? Customer service?

How have they become more niche over time when almost everything they produced from 2012 and earlier was organic shaped (with the exception of 2 or 3 yoyos)?

3 Likes

I didn’t realize making yo-yos was a competition. I thought people were just making yo-yos because they considered a design interesting or maybe because they looked at yoyo as an art form. Turns out it’s been a secret competition this whole time.

Also, the GeeZeR Cascade is outstanding…

6 Likes

I have a great deal of “Disdain” for the classic Duncan Imperial.
Imperial Duncan might be one of the best selling yoyos of all time.

8 Likes

I don’t have issues like that with any yoyo…

2 Likes

MFD Caesar. Don’t know if it was popular actually?

3 Likes

I think this entire thread has been dancing around it, so I’ll say it just for fun…

Duncan Butterfly

6 Likes

Ok, I admit I kind of resent all the drops that sold out too fast to get. That’s kind of disliking, right?

6 Likes

Duncan imperial of course. The only YoYo I own that I still can’t really do what I’m supposed to with it.
I don’t have that problem with any other throw I own.
That upsets me for some reason.

10 Likes

The sudo was the biggest disappointment of 2021 to me. I get highwall orgy’s are supposed to be tough, but if you aren’t perfect then that thing plays like an SUV with the front tire blown out. Not enough spin, unstable, too responsive. Special mentions to heavensent creeps and ti peaks for frustrating me similarly.

5 Likes