What’s a popular yoyo you dislike?

Did you swap the bearing ? Got a parlay that played like a new yoyo after I threw in a kk and I got a friend who told me it was the same with his sudo

4 Likes

oh! what do you think about the anomaly?

2 Likes

It’s ok, but I don’t think 3a yoyos make fun 1a yoyos a lot of the time.

3 Likes

I am not very fond of the edge ultimatum. Its the only edge ive tried and only yyf ive bought in a long time and it was honestly just kinda underwhelming. I thought I would enjoy the width more but with it being so light I just dont really like how it plays. Only thing Ive really used it for is some fingerspins but besides that it doesnt really leave the shelf. Hoping to eventually give it to someone who I get to start yoyoing.

2 Likes

Once you learn your binds and your basic unresponsive tricks i think you will enjoy it. Granted i learned unresponsive because i genuinely wanted to. Maybe you dont. Thats cool because i think responsive can be so much harder

6 Likes

The one that I cannot afford. :triumph:

10 Likes

I thought the same thing about the ultimatum. It just was not my style I guess……

5 Likes

Yeah, the edge ultimatum is definitely designed for a specific style, even within competition yo-yoing. It’s meant for horizontal, (especially horizontal banger tricks, such as around the body hops), other fast horizontal stuff, and railings combos. For those, I’ve heard its incredible.

But if you get it to do “flow” tricks, it might not be like the typical organic that most people use for those.

6 Likes

I loved the Ultimatum and it rocked frontstyle (all I do). I ended up trading it to someone who needed it for their collection.

4 Likes

Say what?!? You mean like no breakaway throws or you mean like only in front of your body no horizontal?

8 Likes

Oof just couldn’t gel with the Peregrine. Keep it around for months hoping that one day I’d start to like it. It’s on to a better home at this point.

5 Likes

Add to that the practice of limited runs to inflate the price and I feel that I am not getting anywhere near my money’s worth with the G2’s. I bought 6 or 7 a few years ago but now they just sit on the shelf looking pretty. There’s always something else I grab first, usually costing half the price.

9 Likes

This is generally the reason why any G2 stuff I have bought magically finds its way out within several months or sometimes weeks. I love the anno choices they do in terms of solids, the swirls look nice, but that stuff is too rich for my pocket to have sit on a shelf if I cant justify it with how it plays.

5 Likes

That thing turned me off of Duncan. (Their butterfly & xt)
It doesn’t play well, and they don’t sand down the blow mold injection. Kind of sad, at the local children’s museum they have a Duncan exhibit and show how they make the Butterfly, and I was thinking “Why can’t you sand that down after cutting it out of the mold?”

4 Likes

Time equals money also they are not made in America anymore.
You could always buy sandpaper or a foam 3M pad……

4 Likes

loop 720 and wedge

3 Likes

Skyline. Never clicked for me. Just kind of clumsy-feeling and not very enjoyable. But that’s just me.

5 Likes

I’ll fifth the Duncan Imperial. I got into yo-yoing in the 90s, when Duncan was regarded as pure garbage. That perception hasn’t left me. I’ve heard good things about some of their “new” yo-yos, but I’m not going to buy one.

2 Likes

I just got a cascade and I find nothing wrong with it at all. I don’t like it as much as my Prescription but it’s a good Yoyo by my standards at least. The prescription is basically just a revamped cascade.

2 Likes

I understand your sentiments about Duncan, I came from the THP era as well. They didn’t release the Freehand til after we were out of the scene.

I would still say, if you see something from Duncan that peaks your interest, go for it. I love everything I’ve picked up from Duncan since coming back.

3 Likes