What’s a popular yoyo you dislike?

Well that’s good to hear. Now I’m intrigued. Thanks!

2 Likes

I feel pretty much the same. Duncan has always felt cheap and unimpressive to me. I haven’t gotten any in forever. I keep a lookout for something they might make that’s stellar, but it’s really hard to want their yoyos with the experience. I feel pretty much the same about yoyofactory. I think they’re decent, but they cut corners. People talk them up, and then when I try them, I almost always have a yoyo in my collection that’s the same and better performing.

3 Likes

I decided to “fix the response pads.” I took a razor blade and ran it over the top of the pads to get rid of the excess. Totally different throw. Im guessing I got an out of spec one. All is well now. It’s not my favorite modern responsive due to the weight but it is good. Moral of the story sometimes you just gotta ignore everyone telling you your crazy and take matters into your own hands. :joy: I’m still crazy though.

4 Likes

I WOULD KILL FOR A DRAUPNIR. if you still have that draupnir i think we could make a trade of some sort

1 Like

With all the things being said against the Shutter this is one I can solidly stand behind. Talking about just the Shutter, excluding the WA, Butter, and any other Gentry signature, there are so many different models. Over the years there have been so many different tweaks on the specs. I think one of the hardest collections to obtain is having every signature yoyo of Gentry Stein and each colorway/variation of each throw.

3 Likes

tivayder this yoyo boring to me

2 Likes

Actually, there are plenty. One of them is Ducc 2.

2 Likes

For me it’s the show pony and the slim dunk. I’ve tried to like em but just can’t.

Alleycat 650b, could have been because I was already spoiled by the RBC, Weekender and Deepstate.

I also liked the Deep State more.