What’s a popular yoyo you dislike?

same, just wasn’t for me

3 Likes

Why didn’t you like it?

I’ve never thrown it, but I’ve considered getting one. The shape looks really cool.

2 Likes

Uhm, let me see if I can explain in a way that describes what I didn’t like about it…
It was really squirly- there wasn’t enough rim weight for that shape. It was a little better with ultra lights SE but still. It just didn’t feel right no matter what string or bearing I used…

The freesolo is way better in every way. The freesolo is like the wind avatar on a string

6 Likes

I loved the Batsquatch. I only ever got to borrow one, from my buddy @twitch77 so it was green and ugly, but in a better color that yo-yo would be amazing.

15 Likes

Dang :frowning:

That’s really quite sad.

Ryan appears to be getting to that old age where he’s starting to lose his vision and can’t make sense of things anymore.

Very sad. :frowning:

13 Likes

lol I love the batsquatch as well

4 Likes

The Gamer, not responsive enough with a slim bearing too responsive with a curved or flat c bearing for unresponsive. IMO of course

6 Likes

The yoyofriends Dove is a blight on the grand and storied legacy of Delrin yoyos.

4 Likes

No disrespect to the creator of this topic and even though I left several likes and a reply, it feels kind of dark. It’s interesting to read but also cringeworthy. Yoyos singled out and picked on. Maybe it’s just me…

4 Likes

It’s all subjective though, right? If anything, this thread is a celebration of what people like and value in yoyos, highlighted by what doesn’t fit their preferences.

None of these are bad yoyos. They just happen to end up in the hands of someone who doesn’t like them particularly.

No harm, no foul.

11 Likes

People are endlessly fascinated with using excessively descriptive language to say “it wasn’t for me” or “I loved it”, and seeing others do the same. Reviews have turned into an entire entertainment industry that isn’t even really about criticism anymore.

7 Likes

Well said. “I like it,” or “I don’t like it” just isn’t dramatic or entertaining enough.

4 Likes

Actually the M1 was $60.00 retail.

7 Likes

But, on the other hand; it offers a welcome respite from the "Tell us how much you loved the — from -----? threads that we normally see. I think it is good to have a thread for the opposite.

I just take ALL the comments with a grain of salt. Opinions vary; and there is no accounting for taste. As long as we are civil with each other; what is the harm?

14 Likes

I have enjoyed every yo-yo I have bought and traded in the last year and a half since I got back into throwing. But if a yo-yo has a name or color that I don’t find appealing then I just won’t buy it. Plus if it’s in the 50-100 dollar range I usually only buy OD. Unless it’s something that OD has nothing like that.

3 Likes

replay as well and the shutter wide angle. Not stable or powerful enough for my cup of tea. I also didn’t love the iCEBERG. The response was too tight for me

6 Likes

I’d say SF Bliss, Doombot (in some new ways), Replay pro (but I did like the metal replay), Valkyrie (I far prefer the draupnir).

Independent of the stimulating discussion I had with Isaac, I’m not sure what y’all are on about not clicking with the shutter. I got out my old 2014 shutter today, and that thing SLAPS :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

(Plus it’s got a funky little secondary IGR, what’s not to like?)

8 Likes

Ive seen a few other folks saying the same thing about the cloudberry response bump.
Could you elaborate how it negatively impacted your play? I dont notice its there at all.

4 Likes

Shutter is what it is not because of anything that came before it.

The initial launch it wasn’t even a great success, but 2 weeks later Gentry won nationals and now people still price similar yoyos at the same price point. Co-incidental?

Shutter also appears to still be in production and available.

M1 did stir the pot of the time. My problem was not with the M1. It was with retailers willing to accept less than industry standard margins. I had had this argument with retailers previously and publicly about other yoyos from other brands prior to the M1. Power to onedrop for getting retailers to accept it, but it wasn’t in my interests (and the interests of anyone in the industry that came after).

Shutter still holds strong it just isn’t fashionable for counter culture yoyo players to play with something so mainstream.

22 Likes

^^^^

5 Likes