What is your very first yoyo?

I mean an unresponsive one, and when i did, it just didnt fit my preferences

Ummm, I got into it and wanted to go to toys r us to get one, I got a Duncan metal drifter (unresponsive) I threw it really, really weird. But learned rock the baby on it in like 4 days, then returned it cuz I thought it sucked and got a yomega exodus 2 ;D its responsive, I learned up to split the atom then realized the national yoyo museum is in Chico (where I live) got a ONEstar, thought it was awesome. Made up a combo with split the atom, brain twister, barrel rolls, and mach 5. Thought I was awesome :wink: then I got a supernova out of nowhere and thats where im at now :slight_smile: learning underwater basket weavingand the last part of branding, and making a 40 second combo. No I dont know why I told you alllll this, im just bored today :smiley:

A Duncan Dragonfly I found while cleaning my room.

1 Like

Duncan Imperial. I think it was wood. I do know it had a metal axle.

Gone 5 months later(April, 1978). Never made any progress with it but I sure did try.

Started anew with a Duncan Reflex and plastic Imperial in May of 2011.

Yeah, I was away for quite some time.

Been to yoyoing for 5 weeks, here is my yoyos first to latest in order 1. Dv888 2. Shaqlerstar 3. Classic 4. Pinnacle 5. Go Big … Yes, yes I did start on an undersized metal XD…

Yomega brain from big5.

bumblebee GT

I think it was a Yomega X-Brain. That was 6 years ago and I still remember going to the convenience store while on a trip to L.A. and begging my mom to buy it for me. I was to choose between an MP3 player, or a yoyo. I chose the yoyo but threw it away because I didn’t know about string tension and got mad that the string kept on messing up. Who knew that I would pick up yoyos half a decade later?

I think mine is a Duncan Imperial (the plastic one) from the 70s. I still have it, and I play with it pretty often :smiley:

My very first yoyo was a very cheap imperial without a brand. I found yoyoexpert and I broke its string, so I bought another one (they were like 3 dollars.).When I’ve broken its string, I’ve made my string with cotton. After some time I found a very cheap metal like butterfly slightly undersized yoyo. After buying that and playing a great time with it I didn’t yoyo for a long time. At the summer break of 9th grade, I bought a cheap responsive aluminium yoyo. I destroyed its response pads. I’ve got my first unresponsive (and my fifth) yoyo Plastic Grind Machine with 20 strings.

Yomega Fireball.

1. Yomega Brain
  2. YYF Velocity
  3. Yotricks Luminator (ah, the naivety)
  4. Plastic Grind Machine (borrowed from a friend)
  5. Protostar
  6. Northstar (after I broke my protostar)

And then came all the metals!!

I had a non-sleeping Ja-Ru throw that got me interested, but my first sleeping yoyos were the Brain, Fireball, and Raider (all in a Yomega “gift” pack).

my very first was a Yomega Raider.

One of those cheap YoYos you get from the dentist

My very first was when I was back in 6th grade and it was a yomega raider. That yoyo was awesome. Then I stopped for a long time and when I go back into it I picked up a Peter Fish Luminator.

Black lynn fury

Wooden Imperial.

My first yoyo was a yomega brain and a butterfly. That was back in the 90’s. When I came back to yoyoing and really got into it I went straight to unresponsive play and bought a protostar. I ordered it online and on accident ordered two so I went to cancel it and the guy said well instead of canceling it I could send you a dv888 at the same price. I thought to myself that’s a good deal but why the heck would I need more then one yoyo lol.

100+ yoyos later I see why :slight_smile: